Pork chops are super harmonious with fruits, so they work very well with plums and lemons in this recipe. Together with the exceptional Halloumi cheese, a specialty from Cyprus, you’ve got yourself a winning combo. We glaze these pork chops with Terrapin Ridge Raspberry Peach Chipotle Sauce, which is tangy and slightly sweet with a spicy note.
- 4 bone-in pork rib chops (about 1” thick, 1/2 pound each), patted dry
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Greek Sea Salt Smoked in Beechwood
- 1/4 cup Raspberry Peach Chipotle Sauce
For grilled plums, lemon & halloumi:
- 1 Tablespoons Eleon Extra Virgin Olive Oil by Navarino Icons,
- 4 ripe medium red or black plums, halved
- 2 lemons, halved, seeds removed
- 8.8 oz halloumi cheese, sliced into 1/2" thick strips
- Garnish with fresh oregano leaves
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat, and oil grill. Brush pork chops with olive oil and season generously with smoked sea salt.
- Place plums, lemon, and halloumi on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 1 Tablespoon oil; toss to coat.
- Grill pork, turning every 2 minutes and brush with the raspberry peach chipotle sauce. It will take about 6-8 minutes. Using an instant-read thermometer, make sure to reach 145F. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Grill the plums and lemons cut side down, and grill the halloumi turning once. Cook plums and lemons until grill marks appear and plums start to release their juices, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer plums, lemon, and halloumi to cutting board with pork and let cool 1 minute. Slice each plum in wedges and cut each halloumi into 1” pieces.
- Cut pork away from the bone and slice 1/2” thick. Discard bones.
- Arrange meat on plates on top of some arugula. Arrange the plums and halloumi around the pork chop pieces. Squeeze juice from grilled lemon on top, and season with more smoked sea salt. Serve with some raspberry peach chipotle sauce on the side.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grilling, smoked, bbq, summer recipe, Mexican food, tex-mex food, Greek food, halloumi cheese, stone fruits, summer fruits, pork