Hearty Vegetable Soup recipe is one of my favorite comfort foods to make any time of the year. This soup has a rich tomato flavor base with a delicious hint of spiciness from the L’Epicurien Red Pepper Relish. Also, you get the proteins and nutrients from the garbanzo and spinach. You can make this recipe any time during the week because it only takes 50 minutes to prepare. I recommend doubling the recipe so you can freeze some soup for those lazy days that you don’t feel like cooking anything.
- 2 TableSpoons Eleia Kosher certified Extra Virgin Olive Oil Click to buy online in our pantry
- 1 cup diced, peeled carrot
- 1 cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) petite diced tomatoes, no salt added.
- 1 jar (7.4 oz.) L’Epicurien Red Pepper Relish Click to buy online in our pantry
- 1/2 cup green pepper. I used Cubanelle pepper because has more flavor.
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 teaSpoon salt and freshly ground black pepper- To be used when sautéing the vegetables.
- Grated Parmesan cheese – Optional and if you use it is not vegan
- Heat olive oil in 4-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add carrot, onion, celery and garlic; cook until onion is tender.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes and Red Pepper Relish.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and garbanzo beans.
- Cover and simmer 15 – 20 minutes.
- Stir in 2 TableSpoons grated Parmesan cheese. Omit if you want to be Vegan
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, passing extra Parmesan cheese at the table.
- Makes 2 quarts, or 4 or 6 servings.
Vitamin A 33%Vitamin C 52%Calcium 12%Iron 25%
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 397
- Sugar: 12.2 g
- Sodium: 860.5 mg
- Fat: 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 54.9 g
- Fiber: 13 g
- Protein: 16.7 g