Hello my friends. It’s soup time again, and I bring to you this week a Hearty Vegetable Soup recipe that will not disappoint you. This wholesome soup has a rich tomato flavor base combined with our Chile Red Pepper Tapenade.
The Chile Red Pepper Tapenade is a combination of fire roasted red bell peppers, olive oil, shallots, chiles, cilantro, garlic, tomato paste, parsley, roasted dried red bell peppers, salt and other spices. And, the best part, it is Vegan & Gluten Free. We love this tapenade because like most of the products that we carry, it’s very versatile. Besides using it as tapenade, you can mix with cream cheese for a flavorful cheese ball, add it as a ingredient to other recipes to enhance the flavor and give a kick to the dish.
This Hearty Vegetable Soup has all the protein, nutrients and vitamins that your body needs.
Hearty Vegetable Soup has chickpeas, great for your body
The fiber from Chickpeas, otherwise known as garbanzo beans, is insoluble, which is excellent for digestive health. People who eat them typically have better blood sugar under control since chickpeas are so high in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and healthy protein. The chickpea is very low in fat and sodium. Also, it is an antioxidants and gluten-free. In one cup of chickpeas there are around 270 calories. A hearty addition to our vegetable soup.
Spinach is a part of this Hearty Vegetable Soup as well
Spinach is a super food packed with tons of nutrients in a low amount of calories. Dark leafy greens like spinach are essential for skin and hair, bone health, and provide protein, iron, vitamins and minerals. Spinach is an excellent source Vitamins K, A, B2, B6, E, C, and B1, calcium, iron, potassium, and much more.
If you want to know more about the substantial benefits of the chickpeas & spinach, check out this information provided by Helen Nichols at Well-Being Secrets.
Besides Hearty Vegetable Soup, some top trending recipes on social media that use Chile Red Pepper Tapenade are:
- Santa Fe Salad Dressing on a Rainbow Salad
- Southwestern Chicken Wraps with Chile Red Pepper Tapenade – This recipe is featured in BuzzFeed & Twisted Tastes
- Spicy Burger Recipe with Chile Red Pepper Tapenade – Our most pinned recipe in Pinterest
Have a fabulous week!
Hearty Vegetable Soup - Gluten Free & Vegan
Yield 6 People
Hearty Vegetable Soup recipe is one of my favorite comfort foods to make any time of the year. This soup has a rich tomato flavor base with a delicious hint of spiciness from the Chile Red Pepper Tapenade from our producer The Gracious Gourmet. Also, you get the proteins and nutrients from the garbanzo and spinach. You can make this recipe any time during the week because it only takes 50 minutes to prepare. I recommend doubling the recipe so you can freeze some soup for those lazy days that you don't feel like cooking anything. This soup is Vegan & Gluten Free.
- 2 TableSpoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced, peeled carrot
- 1 cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups reduced-sodium Vegetable broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) petite diced tomatoes, no salt added.
- 1 jar (7 oz.) Chile Red Pepper Tapenade
- 1/2 cup green pepper. I used Cubanelle pepper because has more flavor.
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 teaSpoon salt and freshly ground black pepper- To be used when sautéing the vegetables.
- Grated Parmesan cheese - Optional and if you use it is not vegan
- Heat olive oil in 4-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add carrot, onion, celery and garlic; cook until onion is tender.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes and Chile Red Pepper Tapenade.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and garbanzo beans.
- Cover and simmer 15 – 20 minutes.
- Stir in 2 TableSpoons grated Parmesan cheese. Omit if you want to be Vegan
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, passing extra Parmesan cheese at the table.
- Makes 2 quarts, or 4 or 6 servings.
Vitamin A 33%Vitamin C 52%Calcium 12%Iron 25%
Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 14.3 g
Saturated Fat 1.8 g
Sodium 860.5 mg
Total Carbohydrates 54.9 g
Dietary Fiber 13 g
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 16.7 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Products and displays used in this recipe:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.