Mediterranean Orzo Salad is a great make-ahead summer pasta recipe with Italian flavors like artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, orzo pasta, and high-quality tuna. All these wonderful ingredients are mixed together with a light and lemony Dijon Mustard Dressing.
- 1–1/2 cups dried orzo (about 9 oz.)
- 1 14-oz. can of artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes drained and cut in julienne style.
- 1 6.7-oz. can water-packed solid white tuna, drained. I added two for extra protein.
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 3 TableSpoons flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- Sea salt
For the lemon Dijon Mustard Dressing:
- 3 TableSpoons olive oil – See if need more.
- 1 TableSpoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaSpoon Dijon mustard Click to purchase in our online shop
- 1 teaSpoon dried oregano
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 teaSpoon fine sea salt Click to purchase in our online shop
- 1/4 teaSpoon ground black pepper
- 1 TableSpoon shallot, finely chopped
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook according to the package. Drain well and transfer orzo to a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare the dressing: In a mason jar add the chopped shallots, olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, oregano, grated garlic, sea salt, and black pepper. Shake well and set aside.
- In the mixing bowl with the orzo, add the tuna, quartered artichoke hearts, julienned sun-dried tomatoes, capers & parsley. Pour the dressing & toss until evenly combined.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. You are ready to serve.
Leftover pasta salad can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: Italian