Mini Caramel Apples are easy to make with 4 ingredients. Tasty holiday treat or snack for kids and adults. Made with Vermont Maple Goat's Milk Caramel Sauce, apples, pecan, & cinnamon. You can make around 20-25 balls. It will depend the size of the ball.
If you like this recipe, why not join our newsletter list
- 2 peeled and grated Granny Smith apples
- 1 jar of Vermont Maple Goat's Milk Caramel Sauce Click to buy in our online shop
- 12oz pecan halves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Butter or cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven 225 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet and spray with butter. Place the grated apple evenly on the tray. Sprinkle the ground cinnamon on top.
- Add pecans to a second cookie sheet.
- Place in oven for 1.5 hours, turning apples and pecans a few times to dry out evenly.
- Take apples and pecans out of the oven. Scrape apples into a bowl.
- Crush in small chunks 8oz of the pecans. Add to apples.
- Crush the remaining pecans until mostly powder and little pieces. Put aside.
- Put the Caramel Sauce in the microwave for 10 seconds and stir. And, put it for 5-10 more seconds
- Add the Caramel Sauce to the pecan and apple mixture. Stir well.
- Place in fridge for 3-4 hours (I did it overnight).
- Take mixture out of the refrigerator. Using a small ice cream scoop, form small balls. If you use gloves it is easier to give the round shape.
- Roll balls in the powdery pecans.
- Store in a container in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 240 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: deconstructed caramel apples, deconstructed dessert, fall dessert, autumn desserts