Fresh strawberries, mint sprigs, sugar and carbonated water are all you need to put together a pitcher of this summer favorite. Strawberry mint iced tea will keep you refreshed all summer!
- 2 cups hulled and roughly chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 peppermint sprigs
- 6 cups chilled sparkling water
- 6 fresh whole strawberries with tops
- Place strawberries and sugar in a small saucepan; smash or muddle using a bar muddler or wooden spoon. Cook mixture over low heat for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sugar melts.
- Put each peppermint sprig in the palm of your hand, and give it a good slap to bring out the natural peppermint oil. Stir peppermint sprigs into strawberry mixture; remove from heat. Let to cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard peppermint sprigs from strawberry puree. Blend the mixture in a blender and then pour through a fine mesh strainer into a half-gallon pitcher. Stir in sparkling water.
- Fill 6 highball glasses with ice; pour strawberry mixture evenly into glasses. Slice a small slit in each of the whole strawberries and garnish each glass rim with one of them, and/or a sprig of mint.
- Category: drinks
- Method: blend
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: carbonated Mint Tea, herbal tea infusions, summer refreshing drinks, big batch drinks, fizzy tea, fizzy iced tea, fizzy strawberry mint tea