Morir Sonando is a recipe that is easy to make. This refreshing milk and orange juice drink calls for only a few ingredients, and they're all readily available. Learn the critical step to prevent the milk from curdling when combined with the orange juice.
If you like this recipe, why not join our newsletter list.
- 3 cups chilled evaporated milk
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chilled, freshly squeezed, no-pulp orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon (optional) vanilla paste
- 2 1/2 cups of crushed ice
- Garnish: 1 halfway cut orange slice
- Pour the evaporated milk, sugar, and vanilla paste into a pitcher.
- Stir until well combined and the sugar is dissolved.
- Add ice cubes and then the orange juice. Stir until combined and slightly frothy.
- Serve in tumblers filled with ice.
- Garnish with an orange slice and serve immediately. Enjoy!
All the ingredients must be cold
You must combine the ingredients in the correct order. Follow the recipe instructions.
For best result use freshly squeezed orange juice.
Vegan version: Use chilled unsweetened evaporated coconut milk. Below you will find a link to a great option on amazon.
For diabetic/sugar-free version: Use unsweetened evaporated coconut milk, and instead of sugar use Splenda. When using Splenda, add it at the end in small amounts until you reach your desired taste.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Dominican, Latino
Keywords: juice and milk drinks, drinks with orange juice, summer drink, Dominican recipes, recetas dominicanas, pitcher recipe, big batch juice