Learn how to make an orange creamsicle cocktail - a creamy, citrusy summer drink livened by the botanical complexity of orange-flavored gin. This cocktail recipe is inspired by the Dominican drink Morir Soñando but with alcohol.
If you like this recipe, why not join our newsletter list.
- 2.5 oz chilled, freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1.0 oz vanilla bean simple syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar,
- 1/2 cup water,
- 1/2 split vanilla bean.
- 2.5 oz chilled evaporated milk
- 1.5 oz Tanqueray Sevilla Orange Gin
- Using a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add in the chilled orange juice, vanilla simple syrup, chilled evaporated milk, and the orange gin.
- Shake for 20 seconds and strain into a tall glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a fresh half slice of orange.
I recommend using freshly squeeze orange juice.
All the ingredients must be chilled. If the ingredients are at room temperature the drink will curdle.
You can make a vegan version by swapping evaporated milk with evaporated coconut milk.
We partner (affiliate links) with Drizly delivery service, so if you don’t have the alcoholic ingredients, you can have them delivered.
Drink responsibly. If you are under the legal drinking age limit for your state or country, this recipe is not for you. Sorry.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Dominican, Latino
Keywords: gin cocktails, orange gin cocktail, Dominican cocktails, Dominican alcohol, Dominican alcoholic drinks, orange Creamsicle drinks, alcoholic summer drinks, summer drinks with booze