A traditional vinaigrette with the perfect ratio is simple, fast, infinitely repeatable, and has endlessly customizable options.
If you like this recipe, why not join our newsletter to know about future ones.
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Vinegar (Like Red Wine or Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Honey (or Agave, Maple Syrup, etc.)
- Salt & Pepper
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until well combined.
- Taste the vinaigrette and adjust the seasoning to your liking, adding more salt, pepper, honey, or vinegar as needed.
- To use the vinaigrette, simply drizzle it over your favorite salad greens and toss it to coat.
You can also add other ingredients to your vinaigrette, such as minced garlic, chopped fresh herbs, or a splash of lemon juice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: salad dressing
- Method: whisking
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: salad dressing, perfect vinaigrette, versatile salad dressing,