Cheesy, Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Chicken is a delicious recipe that brings the flavor of baked pizza to a chicken dinner. This recipe is easy to make with just a few ingredients, packed with flavor, and only takes 45-minutes from beginning to plate.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast - butterfly & flatten.
- 16 small spicy pepperoni slices - 4 in each chicken
- 12 large pepperoni slices(deli) - 3 in each chicken
- 4 part-skim mozzarella cheese snack sticks
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese to top the chicken during the last 4 minutes
- 1 jar (13 ounces) Flora pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
- 2 teaspoons Salt Odyssey Sea Salt with Oregano and Sesame.
- Homemade mix: Mix sea salt-50%, oregano-25%, and Italian seasoning-25%.
- Grease a 9" x 13" (3 quart) baking dish
- Butterfly the chicken breast. Flatten the chicken by putting the chicken in between plastic wrap, or inside a Ziploc bag and pound flat to about a 1/4-inch thickness. Season both sides with Sea Salt with Oregano and Sesame, or homemade mix of the same.
- Lay the chicken cutlets on a work surface and in the center of each add the large pepperoni, the smaller pepperoni, and the mozzarella cheese string. Wrap the cheese inside the pepperonis to prevent the cheese from running out of the chicken when it cooks. Roll-up the chicken and with a toothpick, secure the chicken. Use as many as you need, and lock the corners.
- Add pizza sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Place in the chicken and top with more pizza sauce.
- Bake until the chicken is nearly done, about 30 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and top each roll-up with more pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted, and the sauce is hot, about 4-5 more minutes. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: baked chicken, Pizza sauce recipes, low carb pizza, easy chicken dinner