This homemade Pumpkin Bread is moist and filled with chopped hazelnut and dates. This autumn bread recipe will make your home smell amazing. It's boosted with the season's warm spices like cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and the nutty aroma and flavor of brown butter. Beauty and taste never came together more perfectly in this seasonal bread.
Don’t worry about running out of bread because this recipe makes 3 loaves of 12 slices each.
This recipe was inspired by a pumpkin bread recipe by TasteofHome.com
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin puree
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup melted Brown Butter available in our online shop
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 2 cups chopped hazelnuts
- 2 cups chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk dry ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, sugar, baking soda, ground cinnamon, salt, ground ginger, and ground cardamom
- Beat wet ingredients: In a stand mixer, beat eggs, pumpkin, milk, melted brown butter, and vanilla paste until blended. Beat in flour mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in chopped hazelnuts and chopped dates.
- Transfer to 3 greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 50-55 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Freeze option: Securely wrap cooled loaves in foil, and then freeze. To use, thaw at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 50
- Category: breakfast/dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin bread, nut bread, date bread, fall baking, fall recipe, pumpkin recipe, bread recipe, date pumpkin bread, nut pumpkin bread, brown butter, fall dessert