Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins is a Starbucks copycat recipe. But ours are better. You know why?…because they are homemade, and you don’t have to leave the house. Pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and a luscious cream cheese filling make these the baking treats of the Fall season.
- 1+1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaSpoon baking powder
- 1 teaSpoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaSpoon Sea Salt available in our online shop
- 1 teaSpoon pumpkin spice
- 1+1/2 cup (1 can of 13 oz) pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaSpoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 teaSpoons toasted pumpkin seeds for garnish
Cream Cheese Filling
- 4oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaSpoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 teaSpoon all-purpose flour
- 3 TableSpoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaSpoon milk
Making the Muffins:
- Preheat oven: Preheat oven to 350F, and prepare muffin baking trays with paper muffin cups to hold 12 muffins.
- Mix dry ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice.
- Mix wet ingredients: In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, melted butter, vanilla, and egg.
- Combine: Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture and pour the wet mixture into the bowl. Stir with a large spoon until just combined and there are no dry pieces.
- Fill muffin trays evenly with the mixture.
Making the Cream Cheese Filling:
- Blending: In a medium-sized bowl, mix all the ingredients using a hand or stand mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Filling: Place mix into a piping bag (or a Ziplock bag and cut off a small corner). Place the piping bag into the muffins one at a time and fill insides with the cream cheese. Evenly distribute cream cheese mixture along with all the muffins, leaving a little dollop on top of each.
- Distribute the pumpkin seeds evenly around the outsides of the batter if desired.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the bread part of the muffins comes out mostly clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then take them out of the muffin tray and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
You can store muffins in a container with a lid for a couple days, or in the refrigerator, and warm before eating.
These muffins don’t freeze well…. like you’ll have any leftover to freeze LOL!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pumpkin muffins, cream cheese filling, cheesecake filling, pumpkin muffins with cream cheese swirl, fall baking, fall dessert, pumpkin recipes, pumpkin spice, dessert with pumpkin, Starbucks Copycat, Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin