You will LOVE this Pumpkin Rice Pudding Recipe with coconut milk & Vermont Maple Syrup. Fall-flavored breakfast or dessert with pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, coconut flakes, and raisins. It's a Gluten-Free recipe.
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 teaSpoon sea salt available to purchase in our online shop
- 1/3 cup Pure Organic Vermont Maple Syrup available to purchase in our online shop
- 1-1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup coconut cream or milk
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon of canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaSpoon vanilla paste
- 1/4 teaSpoon cardamom
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 teaSpoon Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Serving drizzle of Pure Organic Vermont Maple Syrup available to purchase in our online shop
- Combine: In a medium saucepan, combine the rice, milk, sea salt and two sticks of cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often to prevent the rice from sticking and the milk from boiling over. Then, reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or the rice is soft. Stir throughout the process to prevent the rice from sticking to the pan.
- Add the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, coconut milk, cardamom, vanilla paste, coconut flakes, raisins, and maple syrup.
- Mix well and continue cooking, stirring often. Cook until the rice is cooked completely and rice pudding gets creamy, soft, and a bit thicker. Add more milk if necessary. Remember after the rice pudding gets cold, it will thicken more. I recommend to stop cooking before all the liquid is gone.
- To Serve: Place the Pumpkin Rice Pudding in a small bowl, sprinkle cinnamon and pour on some Pure Organic Vermont Maple Syrup.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 20.2 g
- Sodium: 79.8 mg
- Fat: 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 42.9 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 9.1 mg
Keywords: rice pudding, pumpkin dessert, pumpkin puree, fall dessert, Dominican dessert, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin spice rice pudding, sweet rice, Arborio rice, coconut milk, comfort food, dessert, pudding, Gluten-Free