Pumpkin Roll Cake with sweet cream cheese filling is finished with a powdered sugar dust. This easy pumpkin roll has all the flavors and aromas of the Fall season. This cake might be the holiday season’s prettiest and tastiest baking treat.
If you like this recipe, join our newsletter to know about future ones.
Pumpkin Cake Batter:
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 3 Tablespoons softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 cup powdered sugar plus extra for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Mix the Wets: In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, and pumpkin puree.
- Mix the Dry Ingredients: In another mixing bowl, mix the flour, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda.
- Combine: Add the dry ingredients slowly to the beaten egg mixture and combine until smooth.
- Line a 17-1/2” x 13” x 1” baking tray with parchment paper overhanging about 1 inch over the sides. Spread pumpkin cake batter mixture evenly on top of the parchment paper with an offset spatula. Note: the baking tray doesn’t need to be precisely the same size but a height of at least 1”.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the top of the cake springs back when touched. Remove from the oven and allow to cool just enough to handle. Lift the cake out of the pan using the overhanging parchment paper.
- Roll: Starting from the short end, gently roll up the pumpkin cake with the parchment paper inside. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Prepare the cream cheese filling. Beat the cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Unroll the cake and spread the cream cheese filling on top using an offset spatula, leaving 1/4-inch edge to prevent the filling from spilling out when you roll it up.
- Roll the pumpkin cake back up without the parchment paper, cover in plastic wrap, and chill for at least two hours before serving.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin roll, pumpkin cake, fall baking, fall desserts, cake roll, cream cheese frosting, pumpkin spice, fall recipes, pumpkin dessert, pumpkin roll with cream cheese filling, pumpkin roll recipe with cream cheese filling, easy pumpkin roll recipe with cream cheese filling, pumpkin roll with cream cheese