Quinoa Salad recipe with Roasted Butternut Squash and Pumpkin Honey Mustard Vinaigrette. Perfect recipe as an Autumn side dish or main salad.
If you like this recipe, why not be part of our newsletter community
For the Quinoa:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon of salt
For the Vinaigrette:
- 2 Tablespoons of Pumpkin Honey Mustard
- 1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt & pepper
Other ingredients for your salad:
- 1/3 cup dried cranberry
- 2 Tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- 2 or 3 cups butternut squash chopped in cubes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. I use my convection oven in the roasting setting.
- In a baking sheet, toss the chopped butternut squash with some salt, pepper and olive oil. Arrange the squash in a single layer with space between, this will help to roast evenly. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Heat a sauce pan with some olive oil. Pour the quinoa and toast until is lightly brown, this will give a delicious nutty flavor. Add the 2 cups of chicken broth, the stick of cinnamon and the bay leaf. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl add the ingredients for the vinaigrette. When the quinoa and the butternut squash are ready, add in the quinoa, red onion, toasted pumpkin seeds, roasted butternut squash, shredded carrots, parsley and dried cranberry.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: roasting
- Cuisine: International