Best Hummus Ever!! This recipe was adapted from the very best, my mentor Ina Garten. However, throughout the years, I have made several changes to the original hummus recipe. This time I made a couple of changes with the garnishes and I added the Roasted Red Pepper. The sweet pepper gives another dimension of flavor and a crunchy nutty taste from the pine nuts. This dish is a hit when I have parties with friends and family. They always ask me to give them this recipe.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved
- 2 Greek Roasted Red Peppers Click to purchase from our online shop or you can use some from the supermarket. Add more if you want a deeper pepper flavor.
- 1 teaSpoon Salt Odyssey Sea Salt with Oregano and Sesame Click to purchase from our online shop or you can use kosher salt. Adjust as needed.
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 6 TableSpoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons). I always add more if I want more acidity.
- 2 TableSpoons water or liquid from the chickpeas
- 2 TableSpoons Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil Click to purchase from our online shop
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 teaSpoons cumin
- 2 TableSpoons plain Greek yogurt
Optional as a garnish:
- sprinkle on some toasted pine nuts
- julianne some roasted red pepper
- drizzle some olive oil
- In the food processor add all the ingredients and mix until becomes smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning until you are satisfied
It's very important to leave the hummus overnight to mix and concentrate the flavors.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: food processor
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: party food, party snack, healthy snack, Greek appetizer