Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Yield 2 -3/4 cups
I adapted this recipe from the recipe The Best Hummus Ever. I made a couple of changes with the garnishes and I added the Roasted Red Pepper. The sweet pepper gives another dimension of flavor and a crunchy nutty taste from the pine nuts
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved
- 2 Roasted Red Pepper or you can use a store bought - Add more if you want a deeper flavor of the pepper.
- 1 teaSpoon kosher salt - adjust as need it
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 6 TableSpoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)- I always add more if I want more acidity.
- 2 TableSpoons water or liquid from the chickpeas
- 2 TableSpoons Olive Oil- you can add more if is need it.
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 teaSpoons Cumin
- 2 TableSpoons plain Greek Yogurt
Optional as a garnish
- sprinkle some toasted pine nuts
- Julianne some Roasted pepper
- drizzle olive oil
- In the food processor add all the ingredients until become smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning until you are satisfied
- Special Note: It's very important to leave the hummus overnight to mix and concentrate the flavors.