Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is the Best Hummus Ever!! Throughout the years, I have made several changes to the original hummus recipe, and added different flavors. This time I added roasted red pepper, and included different garnishes. The sweet pepper gives another dimension of flavor, and the pine nuts give an added crunchy nutty taste. This dish is a hit when I have parties with friends and family. They always ask me to give them this Easy 1-2-3 recipe.
Hello my friends. This week, put aside our jars of pre-made gourmet sauces and jams, and pull out your blender to prepare a bowl of fresh homemade roasted red pepper hummus. The chickpeas, roasted red pepper, tahini, and Greek yogurt exquisitely pack this yummy appetizer with a flavor punch along with the cumin, garlic, parsley, and lemon juice. The toasted pine nut garnish aptly gives this creamy textured hummus a fabulous crunch.
Hummus & Its History
Today’s vegetarian hummus recipe comes all the way from the popular Middle Eastern & Mediterranean cuisines. The Egyptians love to soak their beautiful pita bread in this soft creamy hummus. Contrarily, the Palestinians prefer to relish this hummus as a topping on toasted bread. Moroccan people love it as chickpea soup.
Hummus is not only enjoyed differently but also prepared in diverse ways. Some folks use butter instead of olive oil while some add eggplants, cheese, eggs or tomatoes to their unique recipe. This roasted red pepper hummus recipe’s highlight is the bold flavor and color coming from the Greek Roasted Red Peppers that are available for purchase in our online shop.
Why make Roasted Red Pepper Hummus?
Personally speaking, my taste buds always crave for exotic and flavorsome dips and spreads. The same old mayo, cheese dips, and pico de gallo are no longer exciting. Therefore, to excite the palate there is the need for a fresh serving of homemade dips like hummus.
We have recently developed a fondness for this roasted red pepper hummus. Thankfully, to prepare a mouth-watering batch of the silky smooth hummus, there’s hardly any chopping, whisking, or cooking involved. The food processor does all the hard work. Within just 10 minutes your intensely deliciously dip is ready.
The sesame creamy goodness of the hummus along with the roasted red pepper and toasted nutty garnish makes this party appetizer irresistible! After a big spoonful for tasting purposes, to perfect the seasoning I let it rest in the fridge overnight. All the flavors enhance and pop up so beautifully that anyone would become a fan of this creamy hummus.
Like this recipe so far? Be the first to know when we release new ones!
Hummus is extremely delectable and super easy & quick to make. Along with these 2 reasons, hummus is so widely popular because it can be enjoyed in countless ways! Furthermore, the ingredients used in this vegetarian recipe make it a super healthy dip. Let’s discuss them in detail.
Hummus Ingredients: A Healthy Take
Roasted red pepper hummus includes a handful of healthy ingredients namely: chickpeas, roasted red pepper, garlic, tahini (sesame paste), Greek yogurt, parsley, cumin, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt.
Each of the ingredients is packed with vitamins, minerals, proteins, and health beneficial elements. Furthermore, this vegetarian recipe doesn’t require any frying or baking which sustains the ingredient’s healthy components which are often lost or minimized due to cooking!
Chickpeas, for instance, are loaded with protein. It not only aids digestion but also safeguards from various chronic diseases.
Red peppers are low in calorie content and are excellent antioxidants. Loaded with multiple medicinal properties, garlic consumption helps maintain good heart health. The highly fibrous sesame seeds are a yummy way to keep bones strong. Greek yogurt has an immense quantity of probiotics.
Parsley, cumin, lemon juice, olive oil and pine nuts are also superb for the health in diverse ways.
What Goes Well with Roasted Red Pepper Hummus?
The best part about this roasted red pepper hummus is that you can mix and match it in innumerable ways.
- Sandwich: Spread a generous portion of the hummus on your white or wheat bread. Top it with some lettuce leaves and two tomato slices. Your lip-smacking sandwich breakfast is ready.
- Naan Bread: Simple and easy, just dip your homemade naan bread in the hummus and enjoy
- Rolls/Wraps: Wrap up a zesty brunch or lunch by filling a thin flatbread with some freshly chopped onions, tomatoes, cilantro, a scrambled egg, and 2 big scoops of hummus.
- Pizza: Switch your homemade pizza’s usual tomato sauce with this roasted red pepper hummus! Cherish watching your friends get blown away by the tasty surprise.
- Salad: Heighten your daily salad’s health & taste quotient by tossing them up with this flavorful hummus.
- Pasta: Treating colleagues with pasta for a potluck? Prepare it with the flavorsome hummus and watch your pasta vanish in minutes.
- Grilled fish/chicken/meat: Hummus is a luscious dip that goes really well with diverse grilled cuisines.
- Soups: Zing up the bland watery soups with a tablespoon of hummus and slurp away happily.
Hummus makes a yummy appetizer. This quick and effortless recipe helps prepare a thick velvety aromatic dip or spread to complement any type of fries, grilled dishes, salads, sandwiches or even soups. Prepare this roasted red pepper hummus and jazz up your breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack delightfully! Hummus is also the perfect addition to a Mediterranean Mezze Platter and a Vegan Appetizer Board.
More Easy Pantry Staple Recipes:
- Greek Green Olive Crostini
- Nicoise Toast with Tuna Fish & Anise-marinated Kalamata Olives
- Easy Grain-Free Granola with Nuts, Seeds & Coconut
- Summer Antipasto Salad in a Jar
As I mentioned, this Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is the Best Hummus Ever!! It's a big hit when I have parties with friends and family. They always ask me to give them this recipe. I hope you get to make some soon. Let us know in the comments if you do, and share this recipe on social media tagging us @spoonabilities and use the hashtag #NoJarsLeftBehind. Until next time…
Wishing your Tasty Happenings,
Your Recipe Concierge
Update: This recipe is part of our Homemade Healthy Snacks for Virtual School Breaks collection that are also great for work-at-home virtual office breaks too!Print
Best Hummus Ever!! This recipe was adapted from the very best, my mentor Ina Garten. However, throughout the years, I have made several changes to the original hummus recipe. This time I made a couple of changes with the garnishes and I added the Roasted Red Pepper. The sweet pepper gives another dimension of flavor and a crunchy nutty taste from the pine nuts. This dish is a hit when I have parties with friends and family. They always ask me to give them this recipe.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved
- 2 Greek Roasted Red Peppers Click to purchase from our online shop or you can use some from the supermarket. Add more if you want a deeper pepper flavor.
- 1 teaSpoon Salt Odyssey Sea Salt with Oregano and Sesame Click to purchase from our online shop or you can use kosher salt. Adjust as needed.
- ⅓ cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 6 TableSpoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons). I always add more if I want more acidity.
- 2 TableSpoons water or liquid from the chickpeas
- 2 TableSpoons Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil Click to purchase from our online shop
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 teaSpoons cumin
- 2 TableSpoons plain Greek yogurt
Optional as a garnish:
- sprinkle on some toasted pine nuts
- julianne some roasted red pepper
- drizzle some olive oil
- In the food processor add all the ingredients and mix until becomes smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning until you are satisfied
It's very important to leave the hummus overnight to mix and concentrate the flavors.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: food processor
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: party food, party snack, healthy snack, Greek appetizer
Available now in our online shop:
Available via these Amazon links:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy