Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with Sicilian Olives is the perfect recipe for a quick & easy meal for any weeknight. For this pasta dish, we used Egg Tagliatelle Homestyle Pasta, sweet roasted red peppers, garlic, and meaty, buttery Castelvetrano Sicilian olives. You can make this delicious "Easy 1-2-3" recipe in under 30 minutes.
- 1 cup Roasted Red Peppers 12oz, thinly sliced.
- 1 pound Egg Tagliatelle Homestyle Pasta
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Sicilian olives, pitted and halved
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Aleppo Pepper
- Fill a large pot with water and add a generous amount of salt. Bring the water to a boil. Add the Egg Tagliatelle pasta and cook for 6 minutes or follow package instructions to your liking.
- While you are waiting for the water to boil: Heat the 2 Tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent - about 7 minutes. Add the garlic & thyme and cook until light golden-brown color. Add the roasted red peppers and olives, and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, salt, black pepper, and the Aleppo Pepper. Pour the sauce into the skillet and cook together, lowering the heat to a simmer for 3 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, but reserve about ½ cup of the cooking liquid. Add the Tagliatelle and reserved cooking liquid to the skillet and toss together with the sauce. Remove from the heat and serve immediately. Sprinkle on more Aleppo Pepper and Parmesan if you wish.
- The sodium shows a bit high because the nutrition calculator is counting the liquid brine from the olives and roasted red pepper.
- I used a half of the cooked noodles to mix with the sauce.
Vitamin A 30%, Vitamin C 34%, Calcium 8%, Iron 19%, Vitamin E 20%, Vitamin K 24%
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: cooking
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cup
- Calories: 646
- Sugar: 5.1 g
- Sodium: 703 mg
- Fat: 14.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.5 g
- Fiber: 7.5 g
- Protein: 6.2 g