Combine plant-based beef crumbles with grated fig salami with paprika, salsa, and some veggies for these vegan nachos. Serve on a bed of plantain and cassava tostones and top with cashew cheese dip, salsa, and slices of fresh avocado. The combination of flavors is explosive, unique, and honestly genius!
- 2 Tablespoons Hellenic Farms Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 Tablespoons chopped tomatoes, onion, and green bell pepper mix.
- Pinch sea salt
- 10 oz vegan beef crumbles
- 1/2 cup Vegan Fig Salami with Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 cup salsa (double roasted tomato salsa), divided
- 1 bag (4.125 oz) Plantain tostones with lime
- 1 bag (4.125 oz) Cassava Tostones with salt
- 3-4 Tablespoons cashew dip
- Sautee the veggies mix in a 3.6 Quart Cast Iron Casserole Dish at medium-heat with two tablespoons of olive oil until becomes soft, around 2 minutes. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add the vegan beef crumble and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the ¼ cup of salsa and the ½ cup of fig salami and cook for one more minute.
- Layer on a plate the chips, the vegan meat and vegan fig salami, ¼ cup of salsa, and 3 or 4 tablespoons of the cashew dip. Garnish with scallions.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: appetizer
- Method: Sautee
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Cinco de mayo recipe, vegan recipe, vegetarian recipe, easy appetizers, Mediterranean inspired recipe