Today’s recipe is vegan nachos made with fig salami with paprika, and cashew dip; a Mexican-inspired recipe with flavors from the Mediterranean and the Caribbean. These vegan nachos are a crowd-pleaser and the perfect easy appetizer idea.
Hello my friends. If you’ve been following us, you know we don’t make many vegan recipes, but here and there we like to surprise you with some tasty 100% plant-based recipes, and we are starting to create a small collection of delicious recipes for our vegan and vegetarian friends. Today we are making a Mexican-inspired recipe of vegan nachos with a unique twist by adding Vegan Fig Salami with Smoked Paprika and using plantain and yuca tostones instead of your regular corn chips. Every ingredient in this nachos recipe is 100% plant-based.
I honestly never order nachos at restaurants. I always lean towards other appetizers. But when I do go to a Mexican restaurant, the only appetizers that I want to order are quesadillas and guacamole. Did I mention I love avocado? And talking about those two Mexican appetizers, have you checked out these two recipes?
- The Best Guacamole Recipe with Charred Corn & Bacon
- Southwest Veggie Quesadillas with Cherry Tomato-Avocado Salsa.
They are amazingly delicious!
Ingredients to Make Vegan Nachos
We are using only 100% plant-based ingredients for this vegan nachos recipe, which are:
- vegan fig salami with paprika,
- plant-based beef crumbles,
- cashew cheese dip,
- a trinity mix (chopped tomato, onion, and peppers),
- double roasted tomato salsa, and
- avocado slices.
All those ingredients are on top of a bed of plantain tostones with lime, and cassava tostones with salt.
Drooling over this recipe already? Be the first to know when we release new ones!
About Vegan Fig Salami
The Fig Salami with Smoked Paprika and Aleppo Pepper from Hellenic Farms is made using Greek dried figs along with Aleppo pepper, cinnamon and smoked paprika. It’s a great mild spicy combination with fig taste; a perfect partner for your salads, cheese plates and wine. Vegan salami is so versatile and we carry 6 different fig salami flavors, one to satisfy everyone pallet.
Alternative Vegan Nacho Ingredients
If you don’t like one or more of my selections for topping your nachos, not to worry; nachos are so versatile. You can choose any topping, and even add many more toppings if you prefer super loaded nachos. Some other topping suggestions are:
- pickled or fresh jalapeños,
- shredded lettuce,
- black or pinto beans,
- pico de gallo,
- grilled corn,
- black or green olives,
- pickled red onions.
Or anything else you like on your nachos.
3 Steps to Make Vegan Nachos
Time needed: 10 minutes.
Made in three easy steps, these vegan nachos are of course part of our easy 1-2-3 recipe collection. Here are the three steps:
- Sauté the veggies, beef crumble, and fig salami.
In 3.6 Quart Enamel Cast Iron Casserole Dish, sauté the veggies, beef crumble, and fig salami for a couple of minutes.
- Arrange the Tostones
Combine and arrange the plantain tostones with lime, and cassava tostones with salt on a large oval serving plate.
- Add Toppings
Add all the vegan toppings, and garnish with some scallions.
This recipe is so delicious that Geoffrey and I finished the whole tray in minutes.
I hope you get a chance to make The Best Vegan Nachos with Fig Salami & Cashew Dip. Did you make this or another recipe? Tag @Spoonabilities on Instagram or add a photo or comment on Pinterest, so we can find you! And we love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Your Recipe Concierge!
Combine plant-based beef crumbles with grated fig salami with paprika, salsa, and some veggies for these vegan nachos. Serve on a bed of plantain and cassava tostones and top with cashew cheese dip, salsa, and slices of fresh avocado. The combination of flavors is explosive, unique, and honestly genius!
- 2 Tablespoons Hellenic Farms Extra Virgin Olive Oil available in our online shop
- 5 Tablespoons chopped tomatoes, onion, and green bell pepper mix.
- Pinch sea salt
- 10 oz vegan beef crumbles
- ½ cup Vegan Fig Salami with Smoked Paprika available in our online shop
- ½ cup salsa (double roasted tomato salsa), divided
- 1 bag (4.125 oz) Plantain tostones with lime
- 1 bag (4.125 oz) Cassava Tostones with salt
- 3-4 Tablespoons cashew dip
- Sautee the veggies mix in a 3.6 Quart Cast Iron Casserole Dish at medium-heat with two tablespoons of olive oil until becomes soft, around 2 minutes. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add the vegan beef crumble and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the ¼ cup of salsa and the ½ cup of fig salami and cook for one more minute.
- Layer on a plate the chips, the vegan meat and vegan fig salami, ¼ cup of salsa, and 3 or 4 tablespoons of the cashew dip. Garnish with scallions.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: appetizer
- Method: Sautee
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Cinco de mayo recipe, vegan recipe, vegetarian recipe, easy appetizers, Mediterranean inspired recipe
Available today in our online shop:
Available via these affiliate links:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.