Zucchini noodles is a summer recipe inspired by the Mediterranean flavors of artichoke pesto, lemon, asiago cheese, and roasted cherry tomatoes. Great for weeknight meals, this recipe is ready under 30 minutes.
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes with Artichoke Pesto
- 1 jar Artichoke Pesto Click to buy in our online shop
- 2 teaSpoons lemon zest
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 2 shallots sliced
- 3 gloves of garlic
- 2 teaSpoons Balsamic Vinegar Click to buy in our online shop
- 1 TableSpoon olive oil Click to buy in our online shop
- ¼ teaSpoon sea salt Click to buy in our online shop
- ¼ teaSpoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated asiago cheese
- 2 large zucchinis. Wash & dry
How to Make the Roasted Cherry Tomato Mixture:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and position rack in the middle.
- Wash & dry cherry tomatoes. Slice the tomatoes in half lengthwise.
- Place the cherry tomatoes on a lined baking sheet, and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, & garlic. Note: add the whole clove of garlic in the tray and chop it after is out of the oven.
- Roast for about 15-20 minutes, until tomatoes are soft.
- Leave the oven on and increase the heat to 450 degrees.
- Transfer the tomatoes to a medium bowl and chop the roasted garlic. Spoon out the whole jar of the artichoke pesto, and add the lemon zest, and asiago cheese. Mix until combined.
How to Make the Zucchini Noodles:
- Preheat the oven at 450 degrees. Note: We cook the zucchini in the oven to help remove the moisture, and soften the noodles.
- Cut the two ends from the zucchinis. For a shorter noodle, cut the zucchini into thirds. Or what I usually do is after I spiralized the zucchini, I cut it into my desired length.
- Spiralize the zucchini as you typically do in your zucchini maker or spiralizer. For this recipe, I recommend the 1/8″ or 1/4″ julienne blades.
- Place the zucchini noodles on a lined baking sheet, forming into small nests. See the picture above.
- Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven for about 5 minutes.
Place three zucchini nests on a small plate or bowl and spoon the roasted cherry tomatoes and artichoke pesto mix onto the zucchini. Serve.
- Category: Dinner, Lunch
- Cuisine: Mediterranean