This recipe for Instant Pot Short Rib Tacos is incredibly easy, mainly because we’re making the most out of our pressure cooker. We’re also putting together a fabulous cucumber & celery slaw for a complete meal that’s just utterly satisfying.
- Season the short ribs with salt and pepper.
- Set the instant pot / pressure cooker to the sauté setting on high. Add the olive oil and sear the short ribs, about 2 minutes per side. Don’t overcrowd the pot or you won’t get the nice caramelization - sear in two parts.
- Add a ¾ of the jar of the tropical tequila sauce and water, and close the instant pot. Select the manual high-pressure function and set it to high. Set to high pressure + 50 minutes + natural release.
- Remove from the bones and break apart the short ribs when instant pot is completely done cooking.
- Serve with tortillas as tacos and top with celery, cucumber & fennel slaw.
Recipe for Celery, Cucumber & Fennel Slaw
You can serve as a main dish on top of a polenta or mashed potatoes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Instant pot / Pressure cooker
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: Instant pot recipe, pressure cooker recipe, braised short ribs, Short Rib Tacos, short ribs recipe, Mexican street food