This refreshing olive oil ice cream has an incredibly delicate, smooth, silk-like texture with a hint of fruity olive oil flavor. For this no egg ice cream, the selection of the right extra virgin olive oil is the key to reach the best results. The olive oil should be extra virgin with medium & delicate fruitiness, and low acidity.
Recipe inspired by Salt & Straw Cookbook and modified by Carlos Leo.
- Whisk together the chilled eggless ice cream base, olive oil, and sea salt until well combined.
- Add mixture to your chilled ice cream maker bowl and set the ice cream maker according to the manufacturer instructions.
- Churn for about 23-25 minutes until the texture is that of soft-serve ice cream. (Instructions and times may vary.)
- Quickly transfer ice cream to a freezer safe container, and press parchment paper directly onto surface of the ice cream. Cover container and freeze until firm - at least 6 hours. Ice cream can be stored in freezer up to 3 months.
- Serve with garnish of olive oil, lemon zest and flaky sea salt.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: churning
- Cuisine: International