Goat Cheese & Raspberry Jalapeño Ice Cream is a winning combination of sweet fruity flavor and a bit of heat. The base of this gourmet ice cream is heavenly and creamy with the flavor of goat cheese, and we use Raz-Pepper (Raspberry Jalapeno) Preserves to infuse some sweetness, fruitiness and hint of heat. Recipe inspired by Salt & Straw cookbook.
If you like this recipe, why not be part of our newsletter community
- 3 cups Ice Cream Base, very cold (see recipe)
- 1/2 cup Raz-Pepper Preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6oz fresh goat cheese at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine the ice cream base, goat cheese, and sea salt in a bowl and use a stick blender to completely incorporate the cheese. Put the mixture back in the freezer for 15 minutes until is cold again.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and turn on the machine. Churn just until the mixture has the texture of soft serve (22-30 mins).
- Stir the Raspberry Jalapeno Preserve with a fork to loosen it. Using a freezer friendly container that is large enough, quickly alternate spooning layers of the mixture and generous layer of the Raspberry Jalapeno Jam.
- Cover with parchment paper, pressing it to the surface of the ice cream so it adheres, then cover with a lid. It’s okay if the parchment hangs over the rim, and you can use plastic wrap to cover if your container doesn’t have a lid. Store it in the coldest part of your freezer (farthest from the door) until firm, at least 6 hours. It will keep for up to 3 months, but you will surely devour it before then.
Vitamin A 22%, Vitamin C 14%, Calcium 31%, Iron 5%, Vitamin D 26%, Vitamin B12 8%, Vitamin E 4%, Vitamin K 3%
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: freezing
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 392
- Sugar: 28.3 g
- Sodium: 377.6 mg
- Fat: 23.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.3 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 69.2 mg