Chicken Satay is a traditional dish from Indonesian and Malaysian. The chicken has been marinated overnight in spice and peanut sauce, then skewered and grilled for a fast and easy weeknight dinner. When preparing, keep some of the marinade on reserve and use as a dipping sauce.
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes for skewers
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons, plus 1-2 teaspoons, separated of LIÁ Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil Click to buy in our online shop
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, or 5 Seed Butter Click to buy in our online shop
- 2 Tablespoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon lemongrass paste
- Place the chicken in a large shallow bowl or baking dish.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken.Note: Don't put all of the marinade in the bowl. Reserve some to be used as a dipping sauce. If you don't have enough, make an extra batch.
- Marinate overnight in the refrigerator, turning a few times.
- Prepare a fire in a grill or preheat the broiler. I used the Hamilton Beach Indoor grill.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers.
- Grill or broil the chicken for 5 to 7 minutes on each side. Serve hot.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: grilling
- Cuisine: Asian