Spoonabilities Disclosure Policy:
Updated May 25, 2018.
Spoonabilities.com, is a business website created, written and edited by Carlos Leo and Geoffrey Swetz. Thank you for supporting us in purchasing our products and those of our affiliates. For questions please contact us.
- We abide by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honest and connected relationships, opinions and identity.
- Although we have not at the time of this writing, we will accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation for our reviewing different products. The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog.
- All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.
- We are not compensated to provide an opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely ours.
- We will only choose to promote products/services/businesses that we have, in fact, used and that we feel will be beneficial to you, our readers. You will always receive our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences of the products we recommend.
- If it appears that we claim to be experts on a certain topic, product or service, you should be aware that we probably are not an expert unless we specifically state otherwise in that particular post.
- We will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our experience with the product or service, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
- If you subscribe to our e-newsletter, there may be products contained therein that are either part of our online store, or affiliate links to products we do not carry in stock
- Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Mentions of affiliated products/services/businesses within the content of our blog and emails may or may not be noted as an affiliate in every reference.
Updated May 25, 2018.
Your Personal Information
How Information is Collected
Information is collected in several different ways which are outlined below. The only specific identifiable information that we obtain about you is the information that you explicitly and voluntarily supply to us when you use our site, call or email us.
1. Contact Form/Email – If you send us a message via our website contact form, we require you to enter your name and email address so that we can respond to your inquiry. If you send us an email directly (not through our web form) we will use the information that you give to us in your email so that we can better answer your inquiry.
3. Opt-in Form – If you opt-in to receive updates on new products, we require you to enter your name and email address. We will use this information to send you weekly (sometimes less often) emails on new recipes along with available products and services we believe you will be interested in, and other special notifications.
4. Placing an Order – When you order a product, you will need to provide your name, shipping address, phone number, email address, and credit card information. Your contact information will be included in our future mailing list so that you will be aware of future offerings that may interest you. Your credit card information is used solely for the secure processing of your order.
5. User Profile – You are able to create a user profile, which allows you to create a username and password. We will store the username, but your password will not be visible in our records. You may link your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your user profile. If you choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your user profile, we will receive your name, email address and profile picture associated with that account.
6. Calling our office – When contacting our office, you may provide us with your personal information so that we can send you the information you request, answer your inquiry, or place and fulfill your order.
How Information is Used
Any information that you provide us via our website or our office may be used to provide you with better service including answering your inquiry, and keeping you informed of future offerings via our mailing list. After your initial inquiry or order, we may contact you again via email, phone or postal mail depending on what information you provided.
We may use the information you provide to:
- operate and maintain the website;
- create your account, identify you as a user of the website, and customize the website for your account;
- send you promotional information, such as email newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- send you administrative communications, such as confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- respond to your comments or inquiries;
- provide you with user support;
- track and measure advertising;
- protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Removal / Change Your Information
At any time for any reason, you may ask to be removed from our database. You can do this by using the Unsubscribe link in emails that you receive or by sending an email to CustomerCare@Spoonabilities.com asking to be removed, or by calling our office, or mailing a letter to our office with the request. We take all removal requests seriously. You may need to be removed from more than one database, and any oversight or delay is purely unintentional and will be corrected. We also appreciate any updates to your contact information such as a change in your mailing address or email address. You can provide us with your updated information by using the appropriate link on the emails you receive, sending us an email calling us with the update.
Website Traffic Information
Like most websites we use aggregate log files to keep track of internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends and gather broad demographic information. We use this information to try to better understand visitor preferences. None of your personal or specifically identifiable information is used.
Our website takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. We use encryption technologies when transferring and receiving data from you through our website and have other appropriate security measures in place.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We do not sell, distribute or share your personal information with third parties of any kind without your permission. We may partner with another party to process and ship orders, such as UPS. We will provide contact or other information necessary for the third party to provide this service to you. These parties are generally not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services. At no other time will we release your information to another party without your permission unless required by law to do so.
Links to Other Web Sites
The Spoonabilities website may contains links to other websites. Spoonabilities is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites. Please be aware of when you are leaving our website and review the privacy practices of the other websites you visit.
Notification of Changes
This privacy statement was last updated on May 25, 2018. Please visit this page from time to time and check for any updates. If there is a major change that affects how we use your personal information, you will be notified via email and be given the choice to allow us to use your information in the new manner.
Questions Regarding this Privacy Statement
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to CustomerCare@Spoonabilities.com or:
1800 N. Bayshore Drive 4110
Miami, FL 33132
Updated May 25, 2018.
Welcome to Spoonabilities.com, herein referred to as “website.” This website is owned and operated by Gourmet South Florida, LLC, DBA Spoonabilities, herein referred to as “Spoonabilities,” or “we.”
Your use of this website is governed by these terms and conditions. Please take a few minutes to review this document. Your use of the website constitutes your agreement to follow these rules and to be bound by them. If you do not agree with any of these terms and conditions, do not use the Spoonabilities.com website.
Copyright Notice and Use of the Website
All of the content you see on the website is subject to trademark, service mark, trade dress, copyright and/or other intellectual property rights or licenses held by Spoonabilities, one of its affiliates or by third parties who have licensed their materials to Spoonabilities. The entire content of the website is copyrighted as a collective work under U.S. copyright laws, and Spoonabilities owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement, and enhancement of the content.
The Spoonabilties.com website is for the sole use of individuals and entities wishing to review, consider, purchase or otherwise engage in retail transactions involving the goods and services that Spoonabilities provides and/or to otherwise transact business with or contact us, on their own behalf. You may only download, print and store selected portions of the content, provided that you (1) only use these copies of the content for your own personal, non-commercial use, (2) do not modify or alter the content in any way, or delete or change any copyright or trademark notice, (3) do not copy or post the content on any network computer or broadcast the content in any media without explicitly stating that you received it from Spoonabilities.com.
We grant you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access the website and to use the information and services contained here. No right, title or interest in any downloaded materials is transferred to you as a result of any such downloading. Spoonabilities reserves complete title and full intellectual property rights in any content you download from the website. No joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship exists between you and Spoonabilities as a result of these Terms or your use of the website.
Except as otherwise provided herein, use of the website does not grant you a license to any content, features or materials you may access on the website and you may not copy, download, reproduce, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, publish, transmit, transfer, distribute or create derivative works of such content, features or materials, in whole or in part unless you first obtain written permission from Spoonabilities. Any commercial use of the website is strictly prohibited, except as allowed herein or otherwise approved by us. You may not download or save a copy of any of the content or screens for any purpose except as otherwise provided by Spoonabilities. If you make use of the Website, other than as provided herein, in doing so you may violate copyright and other laws of the United States, other countries, as well as applicable state laws and may be subject to liability for such unauthorized use. We do not grant any license or other authorization to any user of our trademarks, registered trademarks, service marks, other copyrightable material or any other intellectual property by including them on the website.
We welcome your comments regarding the website, our recipes and blog posts, and reviews regarding our products. However, any comments, feedback, notes, recipes, messages, ideas, suggestions or other communications (collectively, “Comments”) sent to Spoonabilities.com shall be and remain the exclusive property of Spoonabilities. Your submission of any such Comments shall constitute an assignment to Spoonabilities of all worldwide rights, titles and interests in all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in the Comments. Spoonabilities will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, publish and distribute any material you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. For this reason, we ask that you not send us any comments that you do not wish to assign to us, including any confidential information or any original creative materials such as stories, product ideas, photographs or original artwork. Again, we do welcome your comments, reviews, photographs and ideas.
Privacy and Your Information
Disclaimer Regarding Inaccuracies
The prices displayed on this site are quoted in U.S. Dollars and are valid and effective only in the United States. While we do our best to assure accurate information, from time to time there may be information on the website, in an email to you, or in our catalog that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions, including and not limited to product pricing, taxes and shipping. Spoonabilities reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice.
We have done our best to display as accurately as possible the pictures of the products and dishes available on this website. However, because the colors you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any color will be 100% accurate.
Hyperlinks to Other Websites
The website provides, or third parties may provide, links to other websites or resources. Because Spoonabilities has no control over such sites and resources, Spoonabilities is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. Spoonabilities shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with the use of, or reliance on, any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource. Spoonabilities reserves the exclusive right, at its sole discretion, to add, change, decline, or remove, without notice, any feature or link to any linked site.
Disclaimer of Warranty
This website is provided by Spoonabilities on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Spoonabilities makes no representations or warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, as to the operation of this website or the information, content, materials, or products included on this website. You expressly agree that your use of this website is at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, Spoonabilities disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Spoonabilities does not warrant that this website, its servers, or e-mail sent from Spoonabilities are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Limitation of Liability
Neither Spoonabilities, its affiliates, nor any of its and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns will be liable for damages of any kind arising from the use of this website, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages, loss of data, income, or profit, loss of or damage to property, and claims of third parties.
Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you, and you might have additional rights.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Spoonabilities and its affiliates, and its and their respective directors, employees, agents, successors, and assigns harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to your use of the website, your violation of these Terms or your posting or transmission of any materials on or through the website.
You agree to use the website only for lawful purposes. You agree not to take any action that might compromise the security of the website, render the website inaccessible to others, constitute profanity or otherwise cause damage to the website or its content. You agree not to use the website in any manner that might interfere with the rights of third parties.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. Spoonabilities will investigate occurrences and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting the user or users who are involved in such violations. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the website.
Termination of Usage
To contact Spoonabilities with any questions or concerns in connection with these Terms of the website, you can email, call or write to us at the following:
1800 N. Bayshore Dr, 4110
Miami, FL 33132
©2014-2018, Gourmet South Florida, LLC, DBA Spoonabilities. All rights reserved.