Spoonabilities Disclosure Policy
Updated May 25, 2018.
Spoonabilities.com, is a business website created, written and edited by Carlos Leo and Geoffrey Swetz. Thank you for supporting us in purchasing our products and those of our affiliates. For questions please contact us.
- We abide by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honest and connected relationships, opinions and identity.
- Although we have not at the time of this writing, we will accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation for our reviewing different products. The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog.
- All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.
- We are not compensated to provide an opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely ours.
- We will only choose to promote products/services/businesses that we have, in fact, used and that we feel will be beneficial to you, our readers. You will always receive our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences of the products we recommend.
- If it appears that we claim to be experts on a certain topic, product or service, you should be aware that we probably are not an expert unless we specifically state otherwise in that particular post.
- We will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our experience with the product or service, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
- If you subscribe to our e-newsletter, there may be products contained therein that are either part of our online store, or affiliate links to products we do not carry in stock
Updated May 25, 2018, as per GDPR requirements.
Your Personal Information
How Information is Collected
Information is collected in several different ways which are outlined below. The only specific identifiable information that we obtain about you is the information that you explicitly and voluntarily supply to us when you use our site, call or email us.
1. Contact Form/Email – If you send us a message via our website contact form, we require you to enter your name and email address so that we can respond to your inquiry. If you send us an email directly (not through our web form) we will use the information that you give to us in your email so that we can better answer your inquiry.
3. Opt-in Form – If you opt-in to receive our Foodletter called “Tasty Happenings,” we require you to enter your first name and email address. We will use this information to send you weekly (sometimes less often) emails on new recipes along with available products and services we believe you will be interested in, and other occasional special notifications.
4. Placing an Order – When you order a product, you will need to provide your name, shipping address, phone number, email address, and credit card information. Your contact information will be included in our future mailing list so that you will be aware of future offerings that may interest you. Your credit card information is used solely for the secure processing of your order. See further details below.
5. User Profile – You are able to create a user profile, which allows you to create a username and password. We will store the username, but your password will not be visible in our records. You may link your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your user profile. If you choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your user profile, we will receive your name, email address and profile picture associated with that account.
6. Calling our office – When contacting our office, you may provide us with your personal information so that we can send you the information you request, answer your inquiry, or place and fulfill your order.
How Information is Used
Any information that you provide us via our website or our office may be used to provide you with better service including answering your inquiry, and keeping you informed of future offerings via our mailing list. After your initial inquiry or order, we may contact you again via email, phone or postal mail depending on what information you provided.
We may use the information you provide to:
- operate and maintain the website
- create your account, identify you as a user of the website, and customize the website for your account
- send you promotional information, such as email newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings
- send you administrative communications, such as confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts
- respond to your comments or inquiries
- provide you with user support
- track and measure advertising
- protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Your Rights Regarding Your Information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the following rights to your personal data:
- to access/view your information
- to rectify/amend your information
- to the portability of your information
- to withdraw consent of our use of your information
- to ask us to delete/erase your information
- to restrict/object our processing of your information
- to complain to a supervisory authority
Access / View / Change / Amend / Port your Information
You have the right, at any time for any reason, to view the information that we store about you. We will gladly tell you what information we keep in our records, and you can ask us to change or amend any of that information. Upon request, we can send you a file, such as an excel spreadsheet, with the information we have about you. We also appreciate any updates to your contact information such as a change in your email address. You can provide us with your updated information by using the appropriate link on the emails you receive, or by contacting us with the update.
Withdraw Your Consent to Receive Emails or Calls
To be removed from our marketing emails, you can do this by using the Unsubscribe link in emails that you receive. You may also send an email to CustomerCare@Spoonabilities.com asking to be removed along with the exact email address you wish to have removed. You may also call or postal mail our office with the request. If you have previously ordered a product you may not be completely deleted from our records unless you specifically request that we delete that information as well. We take all removal requests seriously. You may need to be removed from more than one database, and any oversight or delay is purely unintentional and will be corrected.
Delete / Erase Your Information Completely
You may request at any time the deletion of all the information that we may have for you. We take all removal requests seriously. You may need to be removed from more than one database, and any oversight or delay is purely unintentional and will be corrected.
Be aware that requesting deletion, unlike unsubscribing from the email marketing list, is total and irreversible. This means that we will also lose record of you having ever been on our records, including any previous products purchased, or previous instructions you may have given us opting out of specific emails types. If in the future you re-join our email community, by voluntarily providing your personal information, you will appear to us as a completely new record.
To request deletion of your personal information, contact us at CustomerCare@Spoonabilities.com using the email address we hold for you or otherwise proving your identity.
Restrict / Object / Complain of Our Use of Your Information
At any time, you want us to keep your information but do not want us to use it, you may inform us of the request along with exactly how you do or do not want your data used. If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes upon data protection laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device and preferences. You can find extensive general information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org
Cookies for Website Traffic Information (Google Analytics)
Like most websites, we use Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this to discover patterns such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. Some information collected includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone personally. We also use a service called HotJar to track the movements of visitors on the website, so that we can visually see what people are interested in, and if there are any technical issues with the website. We use this information to try to better understand visitor preferences. None of your personal or specifically identifiable information is used or stored.
Cookies for Marketing Purposes
On the website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Affiliate Program Participation
Spoonabilities.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. As part of this program we use customized links provided by Amazon, to track the referral to Amazon. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales. Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Mentions of affiliated products/services/businesses within the content of our blog and emails may or may not be noted as an affiliate in every reference.
On our website we may embed videos from our official YouTube channel, and other websites. YouTube may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, to keep track of number of views, and where you may stop in the video so you can come back to the same place next time.
You may disable cookies through your web browser settings at any time if you do not wish for information to be collected about how you use our website. More detailed information about how to manage cookies can be found at you browser’s website, or by clicking on ‘settings’ in your browser.
Shopping and Placing an Order
While you visit the store/shop pages on the website, we will track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you make a purchase, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store if you choose to create one
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating sales tax
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
Once you place an order, to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you, we have access to the information you provide us, including:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Although we can process a refund through our system, we do not have direct access to your credit card information.
We share information with third parties who help us process and fulfill your orders including:
- Payment Processing – We accept payments through First Data (normal credit card processing), PayPal, and Amazon Pay. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to the service you select, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information. Please refer to the First Data, PayPal, or Amazon Pay privacy policies respectively for more information.
- Drop-ship Producers – In some cases we will not have product inventory in-house, and will have it shipped directly to you from the creator/producer of the product you purchased. In these cases, we will provide them with your name, shipping address, contact information, and order details so that they can successfully deliver your order to you.
Our website takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. We use encryption technologies when transferring and receiving data from you through our website and have other appropriate security measures in place. You will notice in the footer of the website both an icon indicating that we use a SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) connection, and we have passed the Trustwave secure payment processing validation. While on our secure order form, and the site in general, you should notice the green locked padlock icon on the top left of your web browser address bar. If you do not see the locked icon on the order pages, do not continue to submit your order, and please notify us immediately.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We do not sell, distribute or share your personal information with third parties of any kind without your permission. We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information, for example, with a partner to process and ship orders, such as UPS. We will provide only the information necessary for the third party to provide this service to you. These parties are generally not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services. At no other time will we release your information to another party without your permission unless required by law to do so.
The website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Links to Other Websites
The Spoonabilities website may contains links to other websites. Spoonabilities is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites. Please be aware of when you are leaving our website and review the privacy practices of the other websites you visit.
Sensitive Person Information
Information from Children
The website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian believes that the website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 18 in its database, please contact us immediately at CustomerCare@Spoonabilities.com and we will promptly remove such information from our records.
Notification of Changes
This privacy statement was last updated on May 25, 2018. Please visit this page from time to time and check for any updates. If there is a major change that affects how we use your personal information, you will be notified via email and be given the choice to allow us to use your information in the new manner.
Questions Regarding this Privacy Statement
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to CustomerCare@Spoonabilities.com or:
1800 N. Bayshore Drive 4110
Miami, FL 33132
Updated May 25, 2018.
Welcome to Spoonabilities.com, herein referred to as “website.” This website is owned and operated by Gourmet South Florida, LLC, DBA Spoonabilities, herein referred to as “Spoonabilities,” or “we.”
Your use of this website is governed by these terms and conditions. Please take a few minutes to review this document. Your use of the website constitutes your agreement to follow these rules and to be bound by them. If you do not agree with any of these terms and conditions, do not use the Spoonabilities.com website.
Copyright Notice and Use of the Website
All of the content you see on the website is subject to trademark, service mark, trade dress, copyright and/or other intellectual property rights or licenses held by Spoonabilities, one of its affiliates or by third parties who have licensed their materials to Spoonabilities. The entire content of the website is copyrighted as a collective work under U.S. copyright laws, and Spoonabilities owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement, and enhancement of the content.
The Spoonabilties.com website is for the sole use of individuals and entities wishing to review, consider, purchase or otherwise engage in retail transactions involving the goods and services that Spoonabilities provides and/or to otherwise transact business with or contact us, on their own behalf. You may only download, print and store selected portions of the content, provided that you:
- only use these copies of the content for your own personal, non-commercial use,
- do not modify or alter the content in any way, or delete or change any copyright or trademark notice,
- do not copy or post the content on any network computer or broadcast the content in any media (including social media) without explicitly stating that you received it from Spoonabilities.com.
We grant you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access the website and to use the information and services contained here. No right, title or interest in any downloaded materials is transferred to you as a result of any such downloading. Spoonabilities reserves complete title and full intellectual property rights in any content you download from the website. No joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship exists between you and Spoonabilities as a result of these Terms or your use of the website.
Except as otherwise provided herein, use of the website does not grant you a license to any content, features or materials you may access on the website and you may not copy, download, reproduce, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, publish, transmit, transfer, distribute or create derivative works of such content, features or materials, in whole or in part unless you first obtain written permission from Spoonabilities. Any commercial use of the website is strictly prohibited, except as allowed herein or otherwise approved by us. You may not download or save a copy of any of the content or screens for any purpose except as otherwise provided by Spoonabilities. If you make use of the website, other than as provided herein, in doing so you may violate copyright and other laws of the United States, other countries, as well as applicable state laws and may be subject to liability for such unauthorized use. We do not grant any license or other authorization to any user of our trademarks, registered trademarks, service marks, other copyrightable material or any other intellectual property by including them on the website.
We welcome your comments regarding the website, our recipes and blog posts, and reviews regarding our products. However, any comments, reviews, photographs, feedback, notes, recipes, messages, ideas, suggestions or other communications (collectively, “Comments”) sent to Spoonabilities.com shall be and remain the exclusive property of Spoonabilities. Your submission of any such Comments shall constitute an assignment to Spoonabilities of all worldwide rights, titles and interests in all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in the Comments. Spoonabilities will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, publish and distribute any material you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. For this reason, we ask that you not send us any Comments that you do not wish to assign to us, including any confidential information or any original creative materials such as stories, product ideas, photographs or original artwork. Again, we do welcome your comments, reviews, photographs and ideas.
Privacy and Your Information
Disclaimer Regarding Inaccuracies
The prices displayed on this site are quoted in U.S. Dollars and are valid and effective only in the United States. While we do our best to assure accurate information, from time to time there may be information on the website, in an email to you, or in our catalog that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions, including and not limited to product pricing, taxes and shipping. Spoonabilities reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice.
We have done our best to display as accurately as possible the pictures of the products and dishes available on this website. However, because the colors you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any color will be 100% accurate.
Hyperlinks to Other Websites
The website provides, or third parties may provide, links to other websites or resources. Because Spoonabilities has no control over such sites and resources, Spoonabilities is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. Spoonabilities shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with the use of, or reliance on, any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource. Spoonabilities reserves the exclusive right, at its sole discretion, to add, change, decline, or remove, without notice, any feature or link to any linked site.
Disclaimer of Warranty
This website is provided by Spoonabilities on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Spoonabilities makes no representations or warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, as to the operation of this website or the information, content, materials, or products included on this website. You expressly agree that your use of this website is at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, Spoonabilities disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Spoonabilities does not warrant that this website, its servers, or email sent from Spoonabilities are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Limitation of Liability
Neither Spoonabilities, its affiliates, nor any of its and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns will be liable for damages of any kind arising from the use of this website, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages, loss of data, income, or profit, loss of or damage to property, and claims of third parties.
Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you, and you might have additional rights.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Spoonabilities and its affiliates, and its and their respective directors, employees, agents, successors, and assigns harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to your use of the website, your violation of these Terms or your posting or transmission of any materials on or through the website.
You agree to use the website only for lawful purposes. You agree not to take any action that might compromise the security of the website, render the website inaccessible to others, constitute profanity or hateful speech, or otherwise cause damage to the website or its content. You agree not to use the website in any manner that might interfere with the rights of third parties.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. Spoonabilities will investigate occurrences and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting the user or users who are involved in such violations. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the website.
Termination of Usage
1800 N. Bayshore Dr, 4110
Miami, FL 33132
©2014-2019, Gourmet South Florida, LLC, DBA Spoonabilities. All rights reserved.