Jalapeño Raspberry Spring Roll Dipping Sauce recipe is so easy to make. You only need one ingredient which is Raz-Pepper (Raspberry Jalapeno) Preserves. You just need it to warm it up for 30 seconds in the microwave and you are all set. I decided to make the spring rolls for first time. Consequently, I highly recommend that you buy the rolls already made. I found that the rice wrapper is too thin and delicate for me and I don't have a lot of patience to be so careful.
NOTE: When I said this was "so easy" I meant the dipping sauce, not the spring rolls;) You can use the Raz-Pepper Preserves with any fried food. The flavor is a nice combination of sweet and spicy.
- 1 package of Pilaf, prepared as directed. I use Garlic Clove Foods Garden Pilaf
- 1/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch of fresh basil, stems removed
- 4-6 lettuce leaves, torn
- Raz-Pepper (Raspberry Jalapeno) Preserves Click to order in our online pantry
- small rice paper wrappers
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 teaSpoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaSpoon sesame oil
- 2 teaSpoons low sodium soy sauce
For spring rolls:
- Sauté shiitake mushrooms in 2 teaSpoons vegetable oil. Remove from heat and cool.
- Add 1 teaSpoon sesame oil, 2 teaSpoons soy sauce and chopped green onions to the Pilaf, stir to combine.
- Fill a shallow bowl with water. Soak 1 piece rice paper until pliable, but not entirely soft, 10 to 15 seconds.
- Lay flat on a cutting board. Place a piece of lettuce across wrapper 2 inches from bottom. Layer a TableSpoon of Pilaf, 3 strips of shiitake mushrooms and a basil leaf to form a log-shaped pile.
- Fold bottom edge of wrapper up and sides in against filling. Roll up to top edge. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut in half.
For dipping sauce:
- Combine 1/4 cup of Raz-Pepper Preserves and a TableSpoon of water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over low heat. Pour into dipping bowl and allow to cool.
- TIP: Or you just warm the jam without water for a deeper flavor.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Asian, International