Baked Brie in Puff Pastry with Jalapeno Raspberry Jam and Almond Butter
Yield 4 -6
When I first saw a recipe for Baked Brie with almond butter, I was curious because I never had tried baking brie with almond butter. I was intrigued about this combination and wanted to try it out. I used our Jalapeno Raspberry Jam which gave it just the right amount of kick without being too spicy. We even added a little extra jam on the cracker with the baked brie. The best part of this appetizer is that all of the ingredients are already pre-made, and the preparation time is only 15 minutes. There is no reason to stress over what appetizer to make for your next party.... It's right here!
- Thaw puff pastry according to package directions and unfold onto a lightly floured surface.
- Using a rolling pin, gently roll out and seal any cracks in pastry.
- Spoon the jam in the center of the puff pastry, making a circle the same size as the wheel of brie.
- Coat the sides and top of the brie wheel with almond butter, as if you are frosting a cake. Put a good amount on the top.
- Then flip the wheel and place it on top of jam on the puff pastry with so that the almond butter and jam are touching. Then finish coating the top of the brie with almond butter.
- Fold the pastry up over the cheese to cover like a blanket. Trim excess pastry and press to seal seams. Reserve pastry scraps for decorations.
- Whisk egg and water in a small bowl and lightly brush the seams of the puff pastry.
- Place seam-side down on a baking sheet and utilize the reserved pastry scraps for decorations on the top. Cut shapes with scissors or cookie cutters.
- Lightly brush a final layer of egg wash over the top.
- Bake at 400F for 30 min, until puff pastry is lightly brown and crispy.
- Serve with crackers, toast points, apples, Asian pear, etc.
Products and displays used in this recipe:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.