Jalapeño Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing is great for any salad, but this particular salad was a perfect match for this vinaigrette. The salad is leaning towards that of southwestern or Tex-Mex style, and is very easy to make. In 5 minutes you can have lunch or dinner.
Salad Ingredients Topped with Jalapeño Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
Every ingredient has a protagonist role including the avocado, mixed green, chicken, black beans, cilantro, green onions & Manchego cheese.
As a variation, you can substitute the chicken with shrimp, or tofu. Also, you can add some nuts, carrot, mushroom, cherry tomatoes or broccoli. If you love avocado as much as me, I highly recommend my Best Guacamole Recipe with Charred Corn & Bacon recipe. Give it a try.
Drink suggestions: For a salad, the best pairing will be with beer or cider. You certainly can have wine but be aware that some of the ingredients of the salad like vinegar, onions or garlic could change the flavor of the wine. A good option will be a fruity wine.
Wine Suggestion for this salad with Jalapeño Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
Here are some wines options perfect for salads: The wine score for those wines are between 93 and 94:
- 2013 Hirsch Gruner Veltliner-Gruner Veltliner from Austria
- 2013 Weingut Winzer Krems ‘Kremser Wachtberg’ Reserve Gruner Veltliner, Kremstal, Austria
- 2014 Familie Saahs Nikolaihof Hefeabzug Gruner Veltliner, Wachau, Austria
- 2014 Familie Saahs Nikolaihof im Weingebirge Gruner Veltliner Federspiel, Wachau, Austria
2013 Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards Grüner Veltliner
Jalapeño Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing on Mixed Green Salad with Chicken, Avocado, Black Beans & Manchego Cheese
Jalapeño Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing is great for any salad, but this particular salad was a perfect match for this vinaigrette. The salad is leaning towards that of southwestern or Tex-Mex style, and is very easy to make. In 5 minutes you can have lunch or dinner. Every ingredient has a protagonist role including the avocado, mixed green, chicken, black beans, cilantro, green onions & Manchego cheese.
Check the blog post for tips, variations, and drink pairing suggestions.
- 6 oz grilled chicken sliced
- ½ cup black beans drained
- 1 cup of shredded Manchego Cheese
- 1 Avocado diced
- 2 green onions chopped
- ½ cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 small bag mescaline mix or baby greens
Jalapeno Raspberry Vinaigrette
Preparing the Vinaigrette
- Heat the Jalapeno Raspberry Jam in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients until emulsion is formed.
- Salt and pepper to taste and let cool to room temperature.
Preparing the Salad
- Toss the greens in a bowl. Next add in the manchego cheese, black beans and chicken.
- Add the avocado, green onion and cilantro.
- Toss with the Jalapeno Raspberry Vinaigrette.
Optional – For a fun presentation, serve in a flour tortilla bowl. Spray a small round baking dish with Pam cooking spray and place a flour tortilla in the bowl and spray the tortilla with a little more Pam. Bake at 425F for about 10 minutes or until a crispy. Place the tortilla bowl on a plate and fill with the chicken salad.
Courses Salad Dressing
Products and displays used in this recipe:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.