Caramel Apple Blondies are gooey, chewy, and addictive bars that are super easy to make. They are perfect for any time of year as long as you have some fresh apples.
Hello my friends. This Caramel Apple Blondies recipe came out a little late during this year’s holiday hustle and bustle. But, Gala apple season goes from September to May, so it’s still a good pick, and it’s never too late to eat something with the delicious Caramel Sauces from our friends at Fat Toad Farm.
These gooey, chewy, and addictive bars are super easy to make. They are perfect for any time of year as long as you have some fresh apples. Normally you will find the most recognized varieties like Granny Smith, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, and Gala apples at the supermarkets all year round.
For this recipe, I used Gala Apples, which you will find all year around. This apple is very juicy, aromatic and sweet.
What is the difference between Blondies and Brownies?
It’s my first time baking blondies, and I thought they were the same thing as brownies. But they are a more rich and sweet dessert bar. The main difference is the substitution of cocoa for vanilla, and they contain brown sugar.
Making the Caramel Apple Blondies
The steps are very simple. First, peel and cut the apples into small chunks. Simmer with caramel sauce in a pan for about 4 minutes. Set aside until we prepare the batter. At this point turn on the oven at 350 F. and prepare a 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper.
Start making the batter by mixing the dry ingredients like the flour and baking powder. In a stand mixer add the butter until it becomes soft and creamy, then it’s time to add the brown sugar and mix until it’s well blended and creamy.
Next is the step where you add the eggs one by one and make sure to scrape the bowl to make sure everything is incorporated, and then add the vanilla. Set the mixer on low, start to add the flour in stages and mix until is well combined, always scrapping the bowl.
Take the bowl out of the stand and fold in the apple caramel mixture. Transfer into the prepared pan and with a spatula, spread evenly. Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Use the traditional toothpick method to confirm that it is ready.
Let the Caramel Apple Blondies cool and drizzle with any of the Caramel Sauces from Fat Toad Farm. Slice into squares. You will love the extra caramel sauce on top of this decadent, chewy dessert bar.
UPDATE: This recipe is also part of our special group of caramel sauce recipes called 6 Creamy Dreamy Caramel Sauce Recipes You will Crave All Year Long.
Have a fun week!
Caramel Apple Blondies
Yield 12 People
Caramel Apple Blondies are gooey, chewy, moist, and addictive. This dessert recipe has small pieces of apples that are simmered in caramel sauce. Slice into squares. Blondies are similar to brownies or bars. Featuring our Goat's Milk Caramel Sauces from Fat Toad Farm. Slice into squares.
- 4 cups diced apples Gala apples
- 1/2 cup Caramel Sauce from Fat Toad Farm. Click to see different flavors and purchase from our online shop
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaSpoons baking powder
- 1½ sticks soft butter
- 2⅓ cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaSpoons vanilla extract
Make the apples
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line a 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add the apple with the Caramel Sauce in a pan, stir and simmer for about 4 minutes over low heat. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the soft butter until light and creamy.
- Add the brown sugar and cream well.
- Put in the eggs one at a time beating well after each one and scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl. Mix on high until the batter is light and airy.
- Pour in the vanilla and mix.
- Add the flour mixture in stages and mix on low speed until it's all combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Take the bowl off the machine and add the apple mixture and sauce. Using a spatula, fold the apple mix thoroughly into the batter.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Spread the batter out evenly towards the edges.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the blondies cool and drizzle more Goat's Milk Caramel Sauce
- Slicing into squares.
Serving Size 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 13.2 g
Saturated Fat 7.8 g
Cholesterol 83.8 mg
Sodium 154.1 mg
Total Carbohydrates 63.9 g
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
Sugars 31.3 g
Protein 5.2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Available here today in our online shop:
Available via these Amazon links:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.