You’ll love this recipe for Savory Corn Muffins with Ricotta Cheese, Cinnamon, Clove, and Tomato Jam topped with a Basil.
These muffins or cupcakes, depending on how much batter you put in the cups, are a beautiful transition from summer products like corn and tomato, along with the aromatic spices from the Fall. These muffins are delicious, sweet, savory and moist.
If muffins are your thing, check out these:
- Sourdough Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins | Starbucks Copycat Recipe
- Apricot Cheesecake Muffins with L’Epicurien Apricot Preserve
- Sourdough Scones with Brown Butter Maple Glaze (throwing that in there even though not a muffin
You'll love this recipe for Savory Corn Muffins with Ricotta Cheese, Cinnamon, Clove, and Tomato Jam topped with a Basil. These muffins or cupcakes, depending on how much batter you put in the cups, are a beautiful transition from summer products like corn and tomato, along with the aromatic spices from the Fall. These muffins are delicious, sweet, savory and moist.
- 1 Jar Tomato Jam
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 TableSpoon cinnamon
- ½ teaSpoon clove
- 4 TableSpoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- ⅔ cups sour cream
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil available in our online shop
- 1 cup milk
- 2 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup stone-ground cornmeal
- 2 teaSpoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaSpoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaSpoons kosher salt
- ½ teaSpoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ears of corn, kernels only
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 TableSpoons freshly chopped basil
- Handful of basil, chiffonade (sliced thinly into ribbons)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Grease and line about 24 muffins cups.
- Beat together the brown sugar and the butter until well combined, at least 3 minutes.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, add each one after the previous one is incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed throughout this process.
- Add in sour cream, and once it has been fully mixed in, add in the olive oil and mix until incorporated.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and black pepper.
- Add ⅓ of the flour mixture to the batter, then add ½ cup of milk, allowing it to incorporate before adding another ⅓ of the flour. Mix.
- Add the remaining ½ cup of milk, and finally, add in the last of your flour. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and be sure that the batter is evenly mixed.
- Fold in your corn kernels and your chopped basil.
- Fill each muffin cup about ⅔ of the way full with your batter,.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden and firm.
- Remove from the oven and allow the muffins to cool completely.
- Cut out a small hole in the top of your cupcakes using a paring knife, pineapple, apple or cupcake corer.
- Combine in a bowl the tomato jam, cinnamon and clove.
- Fill each hole with the Cinnamon Clove Tomato Jam, then use a piping bag or plastic bag with the tip cut off to pipe a small dollop of ricotta on top of each hole.
- Top with a few pieces of basil chiffonade.
- These will keep well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours; The muffins are best to serve the same day.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Products and displays used in this recipe:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.