These Apricot Cheesecake Muffins are SO moist, airy and super delicious. What I love about these muffins is finding small pieces of fruit from the L’Epicurien Apricot Preserve in every bite. The crumble topping has a perfect consistency and a warm, inviting flavor from the cinnamon. A perfect recipe for breakfast or a snack.
Blog post contains affiliate links. Read our Disclosure Policy
Hello my friends. The fall season has arrived, and we are super excited because that means a lot of baking, home parties, upcoming holidays, and tons of yummy food. Personally, autumn is my favorite time of the year. I find that people are nicer during this season of the year. The weather gets more comfortable here in Miami, and I feel inspired to cook more elaborate dishes. But I also get homesick because I miss being with my whole family during these times. On the other hand, I feel very fortunate to have had such a wonderful childhood which instead of making me sad, the memories make me smile remembering all those happy moments.
Now I have to say that these Apricot Cheesecake Muffins are one of my top two muffin recipes. My other favorite is the Fig Jam-filled Almond Cupcakes. Both recipes are moist, fluffy, and have a fruit spread / jam inside. They also share the flavor of almonds – one of my favorite flavors – but in these Apricot Cheesecake Muffins, the almond flavor is more in the background. What stimulates your taste buds is the delicious L’Epicurien Apricot Preserve.
This recipe is versatile because you can use it as a base and customize it to your liking. For example, for this autumn season, you can substitute the apricot jam for apple pie jam, apple butter, pumpkin butter, or pear honey jam, and for the crumb topping you can use pumpkin spice or cider spice. Just think of all the possibilities. Use whatever is your favorites.
For today the post is short and sweet! I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves, and let you get right to making the recipe! Enjoy!
“Your Recipe Concierge”Print
Apricot Cheesecake Muffins is one of my top two recipes that I have ever made. These muffins are super moist and airy with small pieces of fruits from the L’Epicurien Apricot Preserve. The sweet crumb topping gives the perfect beginning and ending bites.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup L’Epicurien Apricot Preserve Click to order from our online shop
- 1 teaSpoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaSpoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 TableSpoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaSpoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaSpoon ground cinnamon
- 2 TableSpoons all-purpose flour
- 2 TableSpoons butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or you can use a hand mixer, cream the butter, sugar and cream cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed and add eggs one at a time. Then add L’Epicurien Apricot Preserve or Cherry Jam, vanilla and almond extract, mix until uniform.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. On low speed, add flour mixture alternately with milk, starting and ending with the flour, until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fill muffin cups three-fourths full.
- For the crumb topping: In a medium size bowl combine the sugars, almonds, cinnamon, and flour. Cut the butter in with a pastry blender, a fork, or two knives until the mixture is the texture of small peas.
- Top muffin batter with crumb mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the muffin.
- Serve warm with butter.
Vitamin A 13%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 13%, Iron 4%, Vitamin B12 2%, Vitamin E 4%, Vitamin K 1%
- Category: Breakfast, Desserts
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 338
- Sugar: 31.1 g
- Sodium: 243.5 mg
- Fat: 13.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 51.5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 58.4 mg
Available here today in our online shop:
Available via these Amazon links:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy