Cherry Vinaigrette Dressing is a great salad dressing for a salad with seasonal produce like this Autumn Harvest Salad. The Vinaigrette has flavors from Black Cherry Jam, Pumpkin Honey Mustard, and extra virgin olive oil which all create the perfect balance between sweetness and acidity.
Hello My Friends!
OMG... This Cherry Vinaigrette Dressing recipe is super delicious. This Vinaigrette is fruity from the Black Cherry Jam which is the star of this salad dressing. The other flavors help to create the perfect balance between sweetness and acidity. I use Pumpkin Honey Mustard, which is available in our online shop, to go along with the Fall seasonal products, but as an alternative you can also use Dijon mustard. But, I highly recommend this Pumpkin Honey Mustard that we have in stock because you will find so many uses for it that you will want to have it in your refrigerator all year round.
When I was creating this recipe, I of course kept in mind to use all our wonderful tasty products, but at the same time, giving you the options to substitute any of those ingredients with products that you already have in your pantry.
The Autumn Harvest Salad
The Autumn Harvest Salad is packed with a lot of fresh seasonal produce adding different layers and textures of flavor. When you read through the ingredients, it may sound like a lot, but chopping them all up takes no time at all, and they all really complement each other. This salad screams “Autumn Harvest!!”
It was a difficult decision for me to pick which crunchy element I wanted. Should I select pomegranate seeds? or walnuts? or pumpkin seeds (pepitas)? Well, I ended up using all of them:)... It is completely up to you if you want to use them all like me, or just a few, or just one. Difficult decision, isn’t it?
The Story behind the Cherry Vinaigrette Dressing on Autumn Harvest Salad
When I started to set up this photo shoot, my only initial idea was to create a contrast between a stunning bowl, the background, and the colorful ingredients. But as I played with different setups, along the way my imagination transported me to a desolate area of the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee inside an old, spooky haunted cabin. I am all alone, waiting for Geoffrey to come back from the town with the groceries and other provisions. It was dusk when he left, but now it is dark outside with no moonlight or stars to give any comfort. I am too afraid to go outside. A cold wind is screaming through the trees, and whistles through the cracks in the cabin door. In the distance I can hear some weird animal noises that I’ve never heard before. Inside the cabin I don't have electricity - just a few lanterns, and a few pieces of wood burning in the fireplace. I’m safe, for now.
Like this recipe so far? Be the first to know when we release new ones!
Because I’m too scared to go outside to get more firewood and cook a hot dinner, I decide to make an Autumn Harvest Salad with some ingredients leftover from lunch. This salad is the easiest thing I can do under these frightening circumstances. I took a bowl and added some mixed greens, already cooked bulgur, and I topped the salad with dumpling squash, avocado, dragon fruit, carrots, blue cheese, cherry tomatoes, and green onion. Then, I sprinkled some chopped walnut, pomegranate seed and toasted salted pumpkin seed on top.
Cherry Vinaigrette Dressing
For the Cherry Vinaigrette dressing, I use L'Epicurien Black Cherry Jam, olive oil, red wine vinegar, Pumpkin Honey Mustard, and two teaSpoons of Greek EVOO Hellenic Farms PDO Sitia Crete. Put all the ingredients in a mason jar, shake until combined. Just as I pour the dressing over the Autumn Harvest Salad, a car drives up the long winding road to the cabin. Boy I sure hope it’s Geoffrey!
This salad is great for your next Halloween party with your friends or family. I hope you enjoyed my little spooky adventure.
June, 2020 update: For more salads, check out our complete salad listing, including our two new additions: Summer Stone Fruit Caprese Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes, and Greek Salad Recipe with Feta Mousse.Print
Cherry Vinaigrette Dressing is fruity from the Black Cherry Jam combined with Pumpkin Honey Mustard. The extra virgin olive oil helps to create the perfect balance between sweetness and acidity. Great salad dressing for a salad with seasonal produce from the Autumn season.
For the Salad:
- 1 package salad mix green
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup yellow cherry tomato
- ½ cup red cherry tomato
- ¼ cup pumpkin seed
- 2 TableSpoons blue cheese
- ¼ cup green onion
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumble
- ½ cup dragon fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado
- 1 dumpling squash
- 2 TableSpoons Pure Organic Vermont Maple Syrup Click to purchase in our online shop
- 2 TableSpoons Greek EVOO Hellenic Farms PDO Sitia Crete Click to purchase in our online shop
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds - optional
- ¼ cup pumpkin seed - optional
- ¼ cup walnut, chopped - optional
- 1 cup uncooked bulgur
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaSpoon salt
For Cherry Vinaigrette Dressing:
- ½ cup L'Epicurien Black Cherry Preserve Click to purchase in our online shop
- 4 TableSpoons Greek EVOO Hellenic Farms PDO Sitia Crete Click to purchase in our online shop
- 2 TableSpoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaSpoons Pumpkin Honey Mustard Click to purchase in our online shop
- ¼ teaSpoon Sea salt Click to purchase in our online shop
- ⅙ teaSpoon pepper
- ½ lemon
- Pre-heated oven at 380F degrees
- Cut squash lengthwise and drizzle Pumpkin Spice Syrup, 1 TableSpoon olive oil Oil, salt and Ras El Hanout.
- Cook for 30 minutes. Wait to cool down for about 5 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan, add 1 TableSpoon olive oil and toasted bulgur for about 2 minutes. Add the 2 cups of hot water. Bring to a quick boil. Then reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Wait to cool down for about 5 minutes
- In a large bowl combine the salad ingredients.
- In a separate small bowl whisk vinaigrette ingredients until blended.
- Pour the vinaigrette dressing over the salad.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Salad Dressing
- Cuisine: American
Available here today in our online shop:
Available via these Amazon links:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.