Grilled Leg of Lamb with Moroccan Date Sauce
Grilled Leg of Lamb with Moroccan Date Sauce is the perfect dish for weekend dinners around the BBQ. But, there are two steps that you most follow to get a very flavorful and juicy lamb: Marinate it for a least 8 hours, and don't over cook it.
- One 5-lb butterflied leg of lamb, trimmed of excess fat
- 4 garlic cloves – 4 thinly sliced
- 1 teaSpoon Oregano
- 1 teaSpoon Ras el hanout
- 1 teaSpoon Pepper
- 1 teaSpoon salt
- 1 jar Moroccan Date Sauce
- Using a small, sharp knife, make ½ inch-deep slits all over the lamb.
- Press the garlic slices into the slits.
- In a bowl combine oregano, Ras el hanout, salt & pepper. Make sure to rub it in the slits
- Then coat the lamb with Moroccan Date Sauce, making sure to rub it into the slits.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- In a medium saucepan, heat ¼ cup of Moroccan Date Sauce and minced garlic.
- Remove from heat. Reserve ½ cup of the Moroccan Date Sauce for glazing the lamb.
- Light a grill. Lightly season the lamb with salt and black pepper.
- Grill over moderate heat, turning once, until the lamb is nicely charred all over and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the leg registers 130°, about 15 minutes per side. During the last 3 minutes of grilling, brush the reserved ½ cup of Moroccan Date Sauce all over the lamb.
- Transfer the grilled lamb to a carving board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the lamb across the grain and serve with the warmed Moroccan Date Sauce.
Products and displays used in this recipe:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy