This week I bring you some Latin flavors with a meaty, cheesy, spicy and easy to make Mexican Lasagna. For this delicious lasagna recipe, I made it with Roasted Red Pepper Salsa, along with L’Epicurien Red Pepper Relish.
My friends, I just realized that I don't have many Mexican recipes here at Spoonabilities. Get ready because starting this week you will receive some of my top Mexican dishes to help you to plan for the Cinco De Mayo celebration. If you don’t know what Cinco de Mayo is, it translates to “fifth of May,” which is a Mexican holiday to commemorate the Mexican Army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. Contrary to popular belief, it is not Mexico’s Independence Day.
I'm all about bringing EASY recipes with a lot of flavors. And, this lasagna will not disappoint you.
For this recipe, I'm using Roasted Red Pepper Salsa and L’Epicurien Red Pepper Relish. We love their products, and the combination of both products is the perfect pairing of ingredients for this Mexican Lasagna recipe.
Three Simple Steps to Mexican Lasagna
The cooking time is over an hour but the prep time is quick. This recipe has three simple steps:
Cook the Meat:
- Brown the meat and drain the fat off. Then, add the taco seasoning, Red Pepper Relish, Roasted Red Pepper Salsa, and refried beans.
Assemble the Lasagna:
- Using the no-boil lasagna pasta, start by adding the first layer of Roasted Red Pepper Salsa, then the meat mixture, then cheese, and then the lasagna pasta. Repeat all of the above for two more layers.
Bake the Lasagna:
- Bake covered for one hour. When the time is up, add more salsa and cheese. Bake uncovered for another 10 minutes.
Serve with sour cream, freshly chopped tomato, and green onions. And, more cheese because you can never have too much cheese.
More Recipes with these Ingredients
The best thing about planning this recipe was having all the ingredients already in my pantry. I had two jars already open in the refrigerator from my last two soups: the Roasted Red Pepper Salsa that I used in Vegetarian Black Bean Soup; and L’Epicurien Red Pepper Relish from the Hearty Vegetable Soup that I made. Also, I recently made Fiesta Roasted Red Pepper Dip with the salsa.
Happy Week my friends!
UPDATE: This recipe is part of the 9 Mexican food recipes to celebrate Cinco de MayoPrint
Mexican Lasagna is meaty, cheesy, spicy, and easy to make recipe for Cinco De Mayo or any Mexican themed party. Roasted Red Pepper Salsa, along with L’Epicurien Red Pepper Relish are the secret ingredients for this delicious lasagna. This Mexican Lasagna is a crowd pleaser and best idea for your family Mexican night dinners.
- 1 jar Roasted Red Pepper Salsa
- ¼ cup L’Epicurien Red Pepper Relish Click to buy in our online shop
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 packages No Boil Lasagna Pasta - 8 oz - I use Ronzoni
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 packages shredded colby-jack cheese. Reserve some aside.
Final touches on top, and on side accompaniments:
- 2 cups sour cream. Fat-free or reduced fat.
- ¼ cup sliced olives
- 2 green onions, chopped including white part
- 1 medium tomato
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown beef over medium heat until cooked; drain fat.
- Stir in taco seasoning, Red Pepper Relish, Roasted Red Pepper Salsa, refried beans.
- Grease a baking dish (9" x 13").
- For the first layer, pour some Roasted Red Pepper Salsa into the dish, then one-third of the meat mixture. Sprinkle on one cup of cheese. Then, the lasagna pasta.
- Repeat all of step #5 two more times for two more layers.
- As the top layer, pour on more salsa and sprinkle more cheese but reserve some for later.
- Cover with foil and bake 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and top with the remaining cheese. You can add more salsa if you want before you put on the cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and add some sour cream, olives, fresh green onions, and fresh tomatoes to the top
- Serve with more sour cream and more cheese if you like.
Vitamin A 19%, Vitamin C 167%, Calcium 37% , Iron 23%
- Category: Dinner, lunch
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 8 total
- Calories: 626
- Sugar: 3.8 g
- Sodium: 601 mg
- Fat: 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 17.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.4 g
- Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 37 g
- Cholesterol: 118.3 mg
Available to purchase today in our online shop:
Available via these Amazon links:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.