Peanut Butter Jelly Bars are a delicious treat made with L’Epicurien Wild Blackberry Preserve. If you are allergic to nuts, you can make them with 5 Seed Butter too.
Hello my friends. Imagine a fudgy peanut butter bar layered with your favorite blackberry jam being served to you right out of the oven? There’s no way you can say NO to Peanut Butter Jelly Bars. Kids and adults alike love these. When you combine the peanut butter together with a delicious spoon of L’Epicurien Wild Blackberry Preserve, deliciously-divine is the word you are searching for. It is one of our favorite lunch box discoveries, and for the little ones too. It’s going to be challenging to keep your hands away from consuming the mixture while in preparation, but the final outcome of these snack bars is well worth it. Besides being a raging success at home, and may even bring back some nostalgic memories of your mom’s cooking.
Peanut Butter Jelly Bars with Blackberry Jam are rich in taste and flavor; crunchy and juicy at the same time. This incredibly easy snack recipe is a great source of energy and can be served as a snack, part of your breakfast or even as a scrumptious dessert after your main meals. Scoop up all the ingredients in a bowl and create a delightful mix before you lay it down to bake. It’s as simple as it sounds.
Two Important Ingredients in Peanut Butter Jelly Bars
The two key ingredients for this amazing snack are peanut butter and the blackberry jam. L’Epicurien Wild Blackberry Preserve consists of the finest ingredients and blackberries that are harvested at the perfect time. This easy snack recipe is packed with carbs, protein, and healthy fat, more like a protein bar but a more deliciously rich version of it. This 10-ingredient recipe that has a nutty top with the jam peeking through is insanely delicious. With an irresistibly sweet and salty flavor, these perfect snacks with a fun twist of flavors are great to satisfy your mid-day cravings. Most of the ingredients you’ll find already in your home.
Interested to know how peanut butter is made? Check out this video:
Some house rules when baking Peanut Butter Jelly Bars
Let’s set some house rules for this snack!
- First, however incredible the aroma might be, wait for the peanut butter jelly bars to cool down. Hot jelly is not always a pleasant experience, until its cooled.
- Second, always make it with your favorite jam. Ours is wild blackberry preserve, but there are many other jams, preserves, and fruit spreads you can get in our online pantry.
- Third, Peanut butter tends to stick in your mouth, but the jam is something that can stand up to it. If you have a nut allergy or want to experiment with something other than peanut butter, we suggest our Creamy 5 Seed Butter which is available for purchase here on our site.
- Last but not least, this snack is a delicious combination with a glass of milk. They are conveniently delicious nourishment for people of all ages that are simple to bake.
First time Baker? Peanut Butter Jelly Bars are for you
Peanut Butter Jelly Bars with Blackberry Jam is a quick way to get your cookie fix using a healthy combination of ingredients. If you are new to baking, this recipe is a great place to start. The oozing flavor of blackberry jam gives a much desirable twist to the classic recipe. There’s no way you can fail at baking with this simple recipe.
A quick baking tip is to ensure all these ingredients are at room temperature before you start. Once the bars are baked, you can store them in airtight containers to keep them crunchy and munchy, as you like it. Peanut Butter Jelly Bars with Blackberry Jam are worth every last crumb and makes the best snack. We hope you enjoy baking this incredible recipe and you can thank us later! Get your cookie fix on!
If you are interested in more recipes using different nut butter, or 5 seed butter, why not check out:
…and of course we have plenty of recipes that include jam or preserves in them. Give them a try.
Wishing you tasty happenings,
Your Recipe Concierge
Peanut Butter Jelly Bars are sweet and delicious. Good source of energy for breakfast or a snack. We use L’Epicurien Wild Blackberry Preserve. Think PB&J sandwich + Energy Bar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaSpoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaSpoon salt
- 6 TableSpoons softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, or Creamy 5 Seed Butter Click to buy in our online shop
- 1 teaSpoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup L’Epicurien Wild Blackberry Preserve or your favorite gourmet jam
- 2/3 cup salted peanuts, chopped (or walnuts or other nuts)
- Heat oven to 350F. Place nonstick aluminum foil in the bottom and overhanging sides of a 9X13X2 inch baking dish: set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt until well blended.
- Beat butter and sugar on medium high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and beat until incorporated
- Add peanut butter (or 5 Seed Butter) and beat well until blended, about 2 minutes.
- On low speed, add in flour and mix until just blended. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread with Wild Blackberry Preserve and sprinkle with peanuts
- Bake and additional 5 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire rack, then lift from pan using aluminum foil, cut into 18 bars.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American, Vegetarian
Keywords: school lunch ideas, spice up bag lunches, tastes like homemade jam
Available here today in our online shop: