Fig Vodka Martini is a delightful, unique mixture of vodka, triple sec, apple and lime juices, and Navarino Icons Fig Marmalade, but you can use any high quality fig jam or marmalade. If you love figs, you will love this easy cocktail. If you don't like figs, or think they don't belong in cocktails, as did I, read on and give it a chance.
Blog post contains products you can purchase in our online shop, and affiliate links. Read our Disclosure Policy
Hello Friends. Geoffrey here again. It looks like I will be the official writer of our cocktail recipes. Not a bad thing since I need to drink them to write about them. If you have been following us for a while, you probably noticed that we started to share more cocktail recipes than in the past. There are two reasons for that. The first is that we didn’t really have many drinks here in the first place. The second reason is that over the last year we have discovered quite a number of unique, unusual cocktails that we love, and want to share them with you.
This Fig Vodka Martini is certainly one we want to share with you. It is a delightful, unique mixture of vodka, triple sec, apple and lime juices, and fig marmalade. For this fig martini we use Navarino Icons Fig Marmalade, but you can use any high quality black fig jam such as Black Fig Preserves, or even a Fig Chutney or Fig & Almond Confit. Check the ingredients to see the fig fruit content verses the sugar, pectin, and other ingredients. You want a gourmet jam that is mostly figs and less if not zero of the others.
Coming Clean about Figs
Before I can give you all the specific details about this vodka and fig martini recipe, I need to come clean about something. I’ve never been a big fan of figs. Ever since I was a child, I’ve liked Fig Newtons but never purposely bought any. I’ve never had the inclination to taste a raw fig before either. Just was not a flavor that excited me. Carlos however is obsessed with black figs. So over the course of time, I have had my eyes, and pallet, open to the diverse ways figs can be used in many different dishes and drinks, as well as be eaten on their own. I haven’t stepped over the threshold into eating them alone yet, but who knows. That is all to say that I have developed an appreciation for figs and love enjoy them in everything. This fig vodka martini is definitely a winner in my (recipe)book.
Following the Fig Vodka Martini Recipe
The first thing you want to do when making the Black Fig Vodka Martini is to squeeze the lime juice into a shaker (with no ice). I find that 1 ounce of lime juice is usually a half of a large lime. To be 100% accurate you can squeeze the lime directly over a bar jigger to the 1 ounce mark. Then you want to mix the fig jam and lime juice together until the jam is fully dissolved. You can omit this step if you are in a hurry, but I find that dissolving the jam before it’s in the ice helps to incorporate the flavor easier throughout the drink. Once the jam is incorporated with the lime juice, add your ice, vodka, triple sec, and apple juice. Shake for a good 15 seconds and then strain into a chilled cocktail glass, and garnish with a slice of fig salami or a fresh fig. Simple as that.
Like this recipe so far? Be the first to know when we release new ones!
Drinks for Two
You will notice that this Fig Vodka Martini, and all of our cocktail recipes are for servings of two. We decided to do this for three reasons:
- First and foremost, we are husbands, so we are rarely drinking alone. We suspect that if you are making our cocktails, you are drinking with a spouse, girlfriend or boyfriend, or a friend in general.
- Second, it makes it easier to pour full ounces of liquids than deal with all the halfs and three quarters.
- Third, if you are drinking alone, you probably will want to get that second round in your glass without having to make the cocktail recipe again. As for the third and fourth round, you’ll have to make the recipe again.... unless, you click on the “2x” modifier in the recipe card and make two batches at the same time. ;)
Other recipes with black figs
If you are interested in learning a little more about figs, check out a write-up we did called 3 Fun & Tasty Ice Cream Toppings where we talk about figs as part of a Fig Almond Ice Cream we made. As I mentioned before, Carlos loves figs, and over the years we have created a number of recipes that have figs. If you love figs, here are a few of them for you to try:
- Kalamata Fig Vinaigrette
- Sausage Bites with Fig Mustard
- Easy Rugelach with Jam Walnut Filling
- Walnut Macaroon Thumbprint Cookies with Fig Preserves
Will you try this Fig Vodka Martini Recipe?
Have you tried a cocktail with fig yet? If not, I highly recommend it. Why not try this easy vodka fig martini recipe? If you have had a fig martini before, I would love to hear from you. What kind of fig martini was it? What was in it, and where did you see/drink it? And of course, did you love, like or hate it? Leave me a comment below. I would love to know.
Wishing you a Fig-tastic Week!
Interested in more Delicious Cocktails? Here are 8 from our recent collection:
- Blood Orange Vodka Soda Cocktail
- Leap Year Cocktail Recipe
- Bloomsbury Garden Cocktail | Rosemary Gin, Elderflower & Fig Tonic
- Grilled Orange Margarita with Beechwood Smoked Sea Salt
- Margarita Slush with Cucumber, Honey, and Thyme
- French Martini
- How to Make the Best Frothy Espresso Martini
- Aperol Spritz Veneziano with Green Olive | Venetian Spritz
Fig Vodka Martini Recipe
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
Fig Vodka Martini is a unique mixture of vodka, triple sec, apple and lime juices, and Navarino Icons Fig Marmalade, but you can use any high quality fig jam or marmalade. If you love figs, you will love this easy cocktail. If you don't like figs, or think they don't belong in cocktails, read our recipe post and give it a chance.
- 2 oz. vodka
- 2 oz. triple sec (or cointreau)
- 2 oz. apple juice
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice (half of one large lime)
- 2 teaspoons of Navarino Icons Fig Marmalade Click to purchase from our online pantry
- Garnish with slice of fig salami, or fresh fig.
- Mix jam and lime juice together in a shaker until jam is fully dissolved.
- Add ice, vodka, triple sec, and apple juice, and shake for 15 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass, and garnish with a slice of fig salami or fresh fig.
We partner (affiliate links) with Drizly delivery service, so if you don’t have the alcoholic ingredients you can have them delivered.
Drink responsibly. If you are under the legal drinking age limit for your state or country, this recipe is not for you. Sorry.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Category: drinks
- Method: shake
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: gourmet food, easy recipe, cocktail using jam, drinks, drink with figs, holiday cocktail, holiday drink, drink with vodka
Available via these Amazon links:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.
|Stolichnaya Vodka||Triple Sec Liqueur|
This looks like a great recipe
thanks for your comment