Blog post may contains affiliate links. Read our Disclosure Policy
Vanilla Fig Almond Ice Cream
In honor of "fig season", we made a recipe for semi-homemade Vanilla Fig Almond Ice Cream. Summer is the season of the year where all delicious and sweet fruits are ripe and ready for lots and lots of dishes. This dessert is creamy, sweet, and refreshing with subtle notes of brandy. I love figs, almonds, and vanilla ice cream. And, for all those reasons this recipe is my top ice cream pick, and it is SOOO Easy to make especially with some store bought vanilla ice cream. In this recipe we used Fig Almond Spread from one of our favorite producers The Gracious Gourmet. They have a number of great jams and spreads. This ice cream is perfect for a hot summer day, or for a well deserved treat any time of the year. The Fig Almond Spread is Naturally Gluten Free & Vegan.
- ½ cup Fig Almond Spread, chilled
- 1 TableSpoon cognac (optional)
- 1 pint premium vanilla ice cream, softened
- Put ice cream in the refrigerator for about an hour. TIP: set a timer to remind you.
- Stir Fig Almond Spread and cognac into softened ice cream.
- Flatten down in the container and freeze until firm.
Serving Size 4
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 4.9 g
Cholesterol 29 mg
Sodium 52.9 mg
Total Carbohydrates 18 g
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
Sugars 14.5 g
Protein 4.7 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Products and displays used in this recipe:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.