Vanilla Fig Ice Cream - The Perfect Dessert
In honor of "fig season", we made a recipe for semi-homemade Vanilla Fig Ice Cream. Summer is the season of the year where all delicious and sweet fruits are ripe and ready for lots and lots of dishes. This dessert is creamy, sweet, and refreshing with subtle notes of brandy. I love figs, almonds, and vanilla ice cream. And, for all those reasons this recipe is my top ice cream pick, and it is SOOO Easy to make especially with some store bought vanilla ice cream. If you prefer to make a homemade ice cream base, we have a very easy no-cook, no-egg vanilla ice cream base to start.
The vanilla ice cream is the best choice because of the subtle flavor of the vanilla and it’s not too sweet. This ice cream choice is very important because it balances the unique and sweet taste of the figs. In this recipe we use Fig Preserves. This ice cream is perfect for a hot summer day, or for a well deserved treat any time of the year.
Like this recipe so far? Be the first to know when we release new ones!
This ice cream takes less than 5 minutes to create. The next time that you go to the supermarket buy a pint of ice cream at least 10 minutes before you finish your shopping. As soon you get home, put the ice cream in a bigger container and mix with a jar of chilled Fig & Almond Confit and add a Tablespoon of cognac. (Now, you know why I said you might get a little buzzed). Then freeze until firm.
Fun Facts about Figs
- Although considered a fruit, the fig is actually a flower that is inverted into itself. The seeds are drupes, or the real fruit.
- Figs are the only fruit to fully ripen and semi-dry on the tree.
- For many years the fig has been used as a coffee substitute.
I know you are asking: What are Drupes?
If you want to know more fun facts about figs, visit California figs
More Recipes using Fig Preserves
- Fig Jam-Filled Cupcakes
- Fig Cheese Tortilla Roll Ups
- Fig Tartlets
- Fig Cake Crumble Recipe | Fig Torte
More Ice Cream Recipes you will enjoy making
Here are some delicious homemade & semi-homemade ice cream recipes that we have made. Give them all a try:
- Homemade Goat Cheese & Raspberry Jalapeño Ice Cream
- Caramel Corn Ice Cream with Vanilla Goat Milk Caramel Swirl
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream with White Balsamic Vinegar
- Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream
- Vanilla Fig Ice Cream
- Honey Labneh Ice Cream with Leatherwood Honey
- Easy Vanilla Ice Cream (you can use this as a base for other flavors too)
Semi-homemade Vanilla Fig Ice Cream. In this recipe we use Fig Preserves. This ice cream is perfect for a hot summer day, or for a well deserved treat any time of the year.
- ½ cup chilled Fig Preserves
- 1 pint premium vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 Tablespoon cognac (optional)
- Put ice cream in the refrigerator for about an hour. TIP: set a timer to remind you.
- Stir Fig Preserves and cognac into softened ice cream.
- Flatten down in the container and freeze until firm.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: mixing
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 14.5 g
- Sodium: 52.9 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 29 mg
Available via these Amazon links:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.