Easy one-pot lasagna soup that is ready in 30-minutes, using simple pantry ingredients like ground beef, San Marzano tomatoes, chicken stock, lasagna pasta, cheese, veggies, and herbs and spices. This soup has all the flavor of the traditional lasagna but with less work, and cooking time. The perfect recipe for weeknight meals, and lunch meal prep. It’s also freezer friendly.
Hello my friends. This week’s recipe is our monthly recipe collaboration with Flora Fine Foods. As you know, they are an importer of Italian food in the Florida region. But you also can get their Italian products online through their website and Amazon. For this easy one-pot lasagna soup recipe, I’m using their lasagnetti homestyle pasta and San Marzano D.O.P. Tomatoes. San Marzano is my favorite tomato to use in my recipes, and last January, I used them in the recipe Jumbo Brisket Meatballs in San Marzano Tomato Sauce. Those meatballs are super delicious.
When I was working on this recipe, I found a ton of lasagna soup recipes, and in most of those recipes, they are using lasagna sheets. The instructions are to break the sheets into smaller pieces and cook the pasta in a separate pot.
Two Advantages of this Easy One-pot Lasagna Soup
This easy one-pot lasagna soup has two advantages:
- First, everything is cooked in a one-pot
- You don’t need to use lasagna sheets and break them up. Instead, you’ll be using the Flora product lasagnetti homestyle pasta. They are a tiny lasagna piece that you can use for hot recipes with marinara sauce, for soups, and cold salads.
In the following instructions, you will see that this is the ultimate one-pot meal with no need to get another pot dirty boiling the pasta. Also, when you cook the lasagnetti with the soup from the beginning, the starch will help to thickness the soup. This hearty, thick soup is filling, comforting, and cheesy with a beefy flavor.
Steps How to Make Easy One-Pot Lasagna Soup
Ingredients: In this first photo, I show all the ingredients I’m using for this lasagna soup. The ingredients are ground beef, chopped yellow onions, chopped red pepper, minced garlic, unsalted chicken stock, San Marzano tomatoes, tomato paste, dried ground oregano, thyme, sea salt, ground black pepper, smoked chili flakes, lasagnetti homestyle pasta, grated parmesan, half-and-half, shredded mozzarella cheese & fresh basil leaves. WOW, that may sound like a lot, but it’s an easy process.
#1. In a large pot, add a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and brown the ground beef with a teaspoon of salt & pepper. Cook for three or four minutes or until the meat is all brown with no pink parts. Remove the browned beef and place it on a lined plate with a paper towel to soak all the fat. Leave the meat on the plate until you are ready to add it back into the soup. Also, drain the fat from the pot.
#2. Add two tablespoons of olive oil and sauté the veggies with one teaspoon of salt & pepper for about 4 minutes or until they become soft, then add the garlic for 30 seconds. Now, add oregano, thyme, smoked red pepper flakes, and tomato paste. Sauté for a few seconds to combine.
#3. Add the chicken stock and crushed San Marzano tomatoes.
#4. Bring to a quick boil and add the browned ground beef and the lasagnetti pasta. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Check the pasta to make sure it cooks all the way.
#5. Add the grated parmesan cheese and the half-and-half.
#6. Stir and remove from the heat. Taste in case you need to add more salt or pepper.
#7. Ladle the lasagna soup into bowls and top with shredded mozzarella and basil while it is still hot.
Like this recipe so far? Be the first to know when we release new ones!
- Season the soup at each step with salt and pepper. At the end of the cooking process, taste and add more seasoning if needed. I learned this tip from one of my chef idols Giada De Laurentiis.
- Drain the fat from the ground beef. When I was testing this recipe the first time, I didn’t drain the fat from the pot or from the meat. The final result was a greasy soup. I highly recommend draining the excess fat.
- If the soup gets too thick, add an extra cup of chicken stock at the end of the cooking process. Remember that after cooling down, the liquid will reduce.
- Although I recommend lasagnetti homestyle pasta for this soup, you can use any type of pasta that is in your pantry.
Why is this the best Easy One-Pot Lasagna Soup Recipe?
This is the best Easy One-Pot Lasagna Soup recipe because it’s:
- Made with pantry staple food
- Kid friendly
- Prepared in under 30 minutes
- An easy one pot meal
- A quick weeknight meal
- Cozy, comfort food
- Perfect as a meal prep idea
- Healthy and filling
- An easy, quick soup made with simple ingredients
Check out some of our other comforting soup recipes:
- Creamy Celery Root Soup with Walnut-Parsley Gremolata
- 10-Minute Easy Vegetarian Black Bean Soup
- Hearty Vegetable Soup
- Creamy Hatch Green Chile Soup with Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp
I hope this tasty, easy one-pot lasagna soup inspired you to go to the kitchen and pull out your soup pot. You probably have all these ingredients in your pantry right now. Let us know in the comments what you think about this recipe and if you make this soup. Share your photos with your social media friends tagging @Spoonabilities and using the hashtag #NoJarsLeftBehind. See you online!
Have an awesome day!
Your Recipe ConciergePrint
This easy one-pot lasagna soup is ready in 30-minutes, using simple pantry ingredients like ground beef, San Marzano tomatoes, tomato paste, veggies, spices, chicken stock, lasagna pasta, and cheese.
- 1 pound 90% lean ground chuck
- 1 Tablespoon LIA Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to brown the meat, available in our online shop
- 2 teaspoons salt, (divided 1 teaspoon to brown the meat; 1 teaspoon to saute the veggies)
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper, (divided 1 teaspoon to brown the meat; 1 teaspoon to saute the veggies)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 6 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried Dominican Oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked chili flakes available in our online shop
- 2 ½ Tablespoons (6oz) tomato paste
- 6 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 (26oz) can San Marzano D.O.P. Tomatoes - Flora Fine Foods
- 8 oz (2.5 cups) lasagnetti homestyle pasta
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 4 oz (about ½ cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- Brown the meat: In a large pot or cast-iron Dutch oven, over medium-high heat, add a Tablespoon of olive oil and add the ground beef. Season with salt and pepper about 1 teaspoon each, stirring occasionally until browned. Drain fat from the pot and put the browned ground beef on a plate lined with a paper towel to soak up the extra fat.
- Saute vegetables: Heat remaining 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in the pot. Add the chopped onions and red pepper, and sauté until they are soft.
- Add the seasoning: Then add the garlic and cook until fragrant - about 30 seconds. Season with oregano, thyme, and smoked chili flakes. Add the tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Stir in chicken stock and crushed tomatoes, and stir to combine.
- Bring to a quick boil, and stir in the lasagnetti pasta. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and cover for about 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Add the parmesan cheese and stir in half-and half.
- Serve by ladling the lasagna soup into bowls and garnish with mozzarella and fresh basil.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Soup, dinner, lunch
- Method: stove
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Kid friendly, 30 minute meal, freezer friendly, one pot, weeknight meals, comfort food, pantry staple.
Available here today in our online shop:
Available via these Amazon links:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.