Pumpkin Coconut Panna Cotta is a Fall inspired dessert that sounds fancy and complicated to make. It is fancy, but it's a quick dessert that you can throw together with just a few ingredients. We transform this light Italian dessert into one of our favorites pumpkin desserts.
Hello my friends,
This Pumpkin Coconut Panna Cotta is one of our favorite pumpkin recipe desserts, and we make it every Fall Season. I love making panna cottas because they are super easy to make, and with a few ingredients you can make a light, creamy, and silky dessert in no time.
Throughout the years, we have updated this recipe with different toppings and syrups. So far, our favorite is just a simple drizzle of cinnamon-infused maple syrup and unsweetened toasted coconut flakes.
Pumpkin Coconut Panna Cotta is a Perfect Holiday Dessert
During pumpkin season we have the holidays of Halloween and Thanksgiving. Do you have standard dinner plans frojm Thanksgiving? I never have to be ready because we get to spend Thanksgiving Dinner with Geoff's family in Boynton Beach, Florida. Usually, we have dinner at Geoff's mom’s house, but during the last couple of years we have been bringing the dinner celebration to Geoffrey's 92 year old grandmother Irene at the nursing home where she is living.
So this is another year that we get to celebrate with our wonderful and sweet Irene. We get to laugh at Geoffrey’s childhood stories and troubles. Every single time we get together for a holiday dinner, Irene tells us the same story over and over, much to Geoffrey’s chagrin.
As the story goes, when Geoffrey was about 6 or 7 years old, he and his parents and brother were visiting his grandparents for Easter Sunday. After church and dinner, Geoffrey dove into his Easter basket full of candy and chocolate, and ate a huge chocolate and candy lollipop – you know, the big ones that you often find at a carnival.
Well, Geoffrey had a big sweet tooth (still does) and he ate the whole thing!! Before long his stomach started hurting and was getting nauseous. He ran to the bathroom, but was about 2 seconds too late, and all of a sudden his grandmother’s bathroom had chocolate covered wallpaper! After all these years, it seems to be the only story Grandma Irene remembers. Aren’t I lucky that my family isn’t around to tell stories about me! It's such a lovely night!
At the same time, during this season I feel very nostalgic because my family is far away and I don't have the opportunity to share those special moments with them. I love the Autumn and Christmas time, and I feel happy, grateful, giving and peaceful. But it's hard too because I get home/family sick during this time. I hold onto the wonderful memories that we all created and shared together. I don't want to get you too sentimental, but when I talk about my family I have so much emotion and so many things to say that I won't be able to stop.
How to Make Pumpkin Coconut Panna Cotta
Okay, let's take the road back to the Pumpkin Coconut Panna Cotta. This Fall inspired dessert sounds fancy and complicated to make, but it's a quick dessert that you can throw together with just a few ingredients. Panna Cotta is creamy, smooth, light, doesn’t need to be baked, and is so easy to make at home. You will impress your friends for sure. They will think that you purchased this dessert from a restaurant.
To make this Coconut Panna Cotta recipe, first we need to dissolve some gelatin. Place a saucepan on low heat with a ¼ cup of water and stir for a couple of minutes until the gelatin dissolves, then set it aside. The rest of the whole process takes less then 10 minutes to prepare.
- In a blender, pour in coconut milk, heavy cream, and maple syrup.
- Then add the vanilla paste, a pinch of salt, and the gelatin mixture.
- Finally, add the pumpkin puree, and blend until smooth.
- Strain the mixture through a colander, into a container with a spout. The spout will help pour the mixture into your dessert bowl or flute glasses. And, place in the refrigerator a least for 6 hours.
Like this recipe so far? Be the first to know when we release new ones!
Meanwhile, toast some coconut flakes in a sauté pan or in the oven until they turn light brown. When you are ready to serve the panna cotta, pour on some Organic Cinnamon Stick Infused Vermont Maple Syrup (which is available in our online shop) and sprinkle on the toasted coconut flakes. You can also drizzle on some Cinnamon Goat's Milk Caramel Sauce, also available in our shop.
Celebrate Pumpkin Season with more Pumpkin Recipes
This Pumpkin Coconut Panna Cotta recipe is now part of our special compilation of "8 Sweet Pumpkin Recipes you are going to want to make." If you love pumpkin spice like we do. Check it out. Here are also some other pumpkin recipes that we know you will love:
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- Pumpkin Bread with Brown Butter, Hazelnuts & Dates
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins | Starbucks Copycat Recipe
- Pumpkin Magic Cake
- Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Tiramisu Cake with Mascarpone Cream
Honestly, I'm not a natural writer or storyteller, and sometimes it takes me a long time to write or come up with the idea for a blog post. Today I decided to finish early at my full-time job, and leave home to get inspired. I took my bike out and I rode to Pasion Del Cielo in Midtown Miami. It’s a cute, quiet and very entertaining coffee shop. I enjoyed two cafe mochas with a wonderful chocolate syrup to get into the sweet vibe for this post.
I hope you enjoy my posts and recipes, and are inspired to make them. Did you make this or another recipe? Tag @Spoonabilities on Instagram or add a comment or photo on Pinterest, so we can find you! And we love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Happy Pumpkin Season!
Your recipe Concierge!Print
Pumpkin Coconut Panna Cotta is a Fall inspired dessert that sounds fancy and complicated to make. It is fancy, but it's a quick dessert that you can throw together with just a few ingredients. Panna Cotta is creamy, smooth, light, doesn’t need to be baked, and is so easy to make at home. You will impress your friends for sure. They will think that you purchased this dessert from a restaurant.
- ¼ cup water
- 2-½ teaSpoons unflavored gelatin
- 1-¾ cups coconut milk - I use Aroy-D Pure Coconut Cream
- 1-½ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup Pure Organic Vermont Maple Syrup which you can buy in our online shop
- Pinch of Pure Sea Salt from Messolonghi which you can buy in our online shop
- 1 teaSpoon vanilla
Serving & Garnish:
- Organic Cinnamon Stick Infused Vermont Maple Syrup which you can buy in our online shop
- ½ cup Unsweetened coconut flakes.
- 8 glass dessert bowl or stemless flute glasses
- Heat: In a small sauce pan on low heat, pour ¼ cup of water and sprinkle gelatin. Stir until the gelatin dissolves, then remove it from the heat.
- Blend: In a blender add the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, heavy cream, maple syrup, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Blend to combine. Then, add the gelatin mixture and blend until smooth.
- Strain mixture through a colander.
- Pour into dessert bowl or stemless flute glasses. Chill for a least 6 hours.
- Toast the coconut flakes in a sauté pan or the oven until they turn lightly brown.
- TIP: Oven Instructions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Adjust the rack to the center. Spread the coconut flakes evenly in a baking sheet. Keep your eyes on it because will turn brown very quickly.
- Garnish: After the panna cotta sets and you are ready to serve, pour some Cinnamon Maple Syrup on top and sprinkle the toasted coconut flakes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Refrigeration
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 6-oz
- Calories: 261
- Sugar: 14.6 g
- Sodium: 54.6 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Trans Fat: 17.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.7 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 20.6 mg
Keywords: pumpkin dessert, panna cotta, Italian dessert, pumpkin recipe, pumpkin puree, fall dessert, easy dessert, fall recipe, coconut cream
Panna Cotta Ingredients available for purchase in our online pantry
Panna Cotta Ingredients available via these Amazon links:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.