Hello, my friends, How is everyone doing this week? This week it’s very exciting and busy for me because my mother is visiting from the Dominican Republic. I decided to cook quick & easy Artichoke Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms for her. This appetizer takes 5 minutes to prepare, 15 minutes to bake and almost no chopping at all.
I’m planning a couple of fun activities to do with my mother. First, I booked a cooking class where we will learn how to cook something new, and then at the end of the class, everyone sits and eats at the table to celebrate our results. I’m also thinking to make a couple cooking videos with mom cooking and me shooting. Next time she comes for a visit I will book another class, but this time it will be a pottery class. She loves to do educational activities, and for me through these classes it will be the best way to spend quality time doing things together that we love. What do you think about those activities? It will be the first time that I plan this kind of activities with her.
This Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms recipe has Mediterranean influences starting with our Artichoke Pesto, available in our online shop. Then we add some lemon zest and fresh herbs to make it an aromatic dish with sage leaves.
Check out one of my other tasty appetizer featured in BuzzFeed: Asiago Crab Artichoke Dip.
Here are some other recipes that also use pesto:
- Artichoke Pesto Pasta Salad with Green Bean & Potato
- Spiced Lamb Meatballs with Piquillo Pepper Pesto
- Zucchini Noodles with Artichoke Pesto & Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Easy Artichoke Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms
Yield 12 Mushrooms
Easy Artichoke Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms is a quick and delicious appetizer for your next gathering. This appetizer is an Italian inspired recipe, made with our Artichoke Pesto. L’Epicurien Artichoke Pesto is made using traditional methods and with the highest quality ingredients, and is the perfect accompaniment to any Mediterranean or Italian meal.
- 12 mushrooms, medium size
- 1/2 cup Artichoke Pesto Click to order from our online shop
- 1/4 cup of grated Asiago Cheese
- 1 TableSpoon Mayonnaise
- 2 teaSpoons lemon zest
- 2 TableSpoons fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 2 TableSpoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 TableSpoons Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup + 1 TableSpoon chopped walnuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and remove stems from mushrooms with a damp paper towel.
- Place rounded side down on a baking sheet.
- Put in a food processor the Artichoke Pesto, mayonnaise, Asiago cheese, lemon zest, chopped sage, parsley, Panko Breadcrumbs and chopped walnuts. Pulse until finely chopped
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a small Spoon or small ice cream scoop, fill mushroom caps with pesto mix.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
- Note: you can add more pesto to adjust to your taste.
Serving Size 1 Mushroom Cap
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15.1 g
Saturated Fat 2.8 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg
Sodium 260.7 mg
Total Carbohydrates 3.7 g
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 4.1 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Available here today in our online shop:
Available via these Amazon links:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.