Hearty Vegetable Soup is one of my favorite comfort food recipes to make any time of the year.
Blog post contains products you can purchase in our online shop, and affiliate links. Read our Disclosure Policy
Hello my friends. It's soup time again, and I bring to you this week a Hearty Vegetable Soup recipe that will not disappoint you. This wholesome soup has a rich tomato flavor base combined with our Ratatouille Cream by L'Epicurien. This hearty vegetable soup is one of my favorite comfort foods to make any time of the year. You get the proteins and nutrients from the garbanzo and spinach. You can make this recipe any time during the week because it only takes 50 minutes to prepare. I recommend doubling the recipe so you can freeze some soup for those lazy days that you don't feel like cooking anything.
Hearty Vegetable Soup has everything your body needs
Not only is this hearty vegetable soup a delicious comfort food, it has al the protein, nutrients and vitamins your body needs.
Hearty Vegetable Soup has chickpeas, great for your body
The fiber from chickpeas, otherwise known as garbanzo beans, is insoluble, which is excellent for digestive health. People who eat them typically have better blood sugar under control since chickpeas are so high in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and healthy protein. The chickpea is very low in fat and sodium. Also, it is an antioxidants and gluten-free. In one cup of chickpeas there are around 270 calories. A hearty addition to our vegetable soup.
Spinach is a part of this Hearty Vegetable Soup as well
Spinach is a super food packed with tons of nutrients in a low amount of calories. Dark leafy greens like spinach are essential for skin and hair, bone health, and provide protein, iron, vitamins and minerals. Spinach is an excellent source Vitamins K, A, B2, B6, E, C, and B1, calcium, iron, potassium, and much more.
If you want to know more about the substantial benefits of the chickpeas & spinach, check out this information provided by Helen Brown at Well-Being Secrets.
Other comforting soup recipes
- Creamy Celery Root Soup with Walnut-Parsley Gremolata
- 10-Minute Easy Vegetarian Black Bean Soup
- Easy One-Pot Lasagna Soup
- Creamy Hatch Green Chile Soup with Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp
Have a fabulous week!
Hearty Vegetable Soup
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
Hearty Vegetable Soup is one of my favorite comfort food recipes to make any time of the year. This soup has a rich tomato flavor base with a delicious boost of flavor from L’Epicurien Ratatouille Cream. I recommend doubling the recipe so you can freeze some soup for those lazy days that you don't feel like cooking anything.
- 2 Tablespoons Eleia Kosher certified Extra Virgin Olive Oil Click to buy online in our pantry
- 1 cup diced, peeled carrot
- 1 cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 3 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) no salt added petite diced tomatoes
- 1 jar (3.5 oz.) L'Epicurien Ratatouille Cream Click to buy online in our pantry
- ½ cup green pepper. (I use Cubanelle pepper because has more flavor.)
- 4 cups chopped baby spinach leaves
- 1 can (15 oz.) drained garbanzo beans
- ½ teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper (used when sautéing the vegetables)
- Grated Parmesan cheese - Optional and if you use it it's not vegan
- Heat olive oil in 4-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add carrot, onion, celery and garlic; cook until onion is tender.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes and Ratatouille Cream.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and garbanzo beans.
- Cover and simmer 15 – 20 minutes.
- Stir in 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese. Omit if you want to be vegan
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, passing extra Parmesan cheese at the table.
Vitamin A 33%, Vitamin C 52%, Calcium 12%, Iron 25%
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 397
- Sugar: 12.2 g
- Sodium: 860.5 mg
- Fat: 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 54.9 g
- Fiber: 13 g
- Protein: 16.7 g
Available via these Amazon links:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.
As a certified soupaholic I just want to say...YUM! I love a good vegetable soup and that relish sounds like it takes this recipe over the top!!!
debi at Life Currents
I saw this recipe earlier today on Pinterest and had to come over to check it out. I love how veggies filled and flavorful this must be! Yum!
Thank you so much Debi for coming over from Pinterest. I guess having pins actually works! good to know. Be sure to follow us there at https://www.pinterest.com/Spoonabilities/
Emily | Oat&Sesame
Those are the shiniest pots! It's great when you can find a versatile spice blend like this ratatouille cream that works in so many dishes. Instant flavor into soup!
Thanh | Eat, Little Bird
I didn't know you could add ratatouille cream to a soup, but I can imagine it would add a great burst of savoury flavour. What a delicious looking soup!
Thank you for your comment. YES, the ratatouille cream is very versatile and delicious. We always have some in stock and for sale.
We are always looking for warm winter soups and your vegetable soup is just right. Bookmarking it.
Thank you, John, for your wonderful comment. Let us know when you try it.
Hi Thanh, Yes, the L’Epicurien ratatouille cream add a great boost of flavor. Thank you for stopping by.
Thanks Lisa! Carlos is a soupaholic too - love that word. The ratatouille cream is so versatile. We use it for many things. Did you click on the link and see the other uses?
That ratatouille cream looks like it would be delicious and what a great idea to add it to a hardy vegetable soup. It looks so delicious!
Ginny and the good part of making this soup. You won't need to add any other seasoning because the ratatouille cream has everything that you need :).
Soup is the best meal option for Dinner. Love the flavors.
You are so right Veena. Soup IS a great meal option for dinner. Thanks for leaving your comment.
Such a great soup for winter, packed with veggies! I love the addition of the ratatouille cream, it is a great idea!