Fresh Broiled Peaches with the delicious Spiced Sour Cherry Spread & topped with a creamy Creme Fraiche. This combination is amazing with soft and tender peaches caramelized with the Spiced Cherry Spread on the broiler for 6 to 10 minutes.
The concentration of flavors in the cherry spread come through because whole and pureed sour morello cherries are carefully slow long-simmered in red burgundy wine. Then ginger, lemon juice, salt & black pepper are added to give warmth and spiciness to this spread, and finally sweetened with some sugar and dried cherries. Doesn’t that sound good?
Top Broiled Peaches with Creme Fraiche
The final decadent touch of this peaches dish is a spoonful of Creme Fraiche. If you can’t find Creme Fraiche, use sour cream instead. Another option is ricotta cheese.
What else can I do with Spiced Sour Cherry Spread?
If you have some left-over Spiced Sour Cherry Spread, get some bread, toast it, add some ricotta cheese, and top with the cherry spread. This will make a great appetizer for your next get-together or for brunch or breakfast.
Want to know more about stone fruits? Check out this blog post we wrote about stone fruit season.
Broiled Peaches with Spiced Sour Cherry Spread
Fresh Broiled Peaches with the delicious Spiced Sour Cherry Spread & topped with a creamy Creme Fraiche. This combination is amazing with soft and tender peaches caramelized with the Spiced Cherry Spread on the broiler for 6 to 10 minutes. If you can't find Creme Fraiche, use sour cream instead. Another option is ricotta cheese.
- 4 firm-ripe peaches, peeled, halved and pitted
- ½ cup Spiced Sour Cherry Spread
- 1 TableSpoon Crème fraiche
- Adjust top oven rack about 5 inches from the broiler, and turn the broiler on to pre-hear.
- Line a small shallow baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Cut the peaches in two halves and remove the pit.
- Place peaches cut side up.
- Spoon in a teaSpoon or two of the Spiced Sour Cherry Spread into the hole where the pit was
- Place the peaches in the oven, and broil for about 6-8 minutes until they are caramelized but not burnt
- Serve warm, topped with crème fraiche, if desired.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 1 g
Saturated Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 1.6 mg
Sodium 1.8 mg
Total Carbohydrates 16 g
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
Sugars 13.8 g
Protein 1.6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Products and displays used in this recipe:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.