Fresh Broiled Peaches with delicious Cherry Chai Jam & topped with a creamy Creme Fraiche. This combination is amazing with soft and tender peaches caramelized with the Cherry Chai Jam on the broiler for 6 to 10 minutes.
The concentration of flavors in the cherry spread come through because Cherry Chai Jam, which is available here in our online shop, is made with tart, bright, New York sour cherries that are bathed in the warming traditional chai spices of cinnamon, cardamon, and ginger. Brins collaborated with their Brooklyn neighbors Dona Chai, the best there is and a fellow small batcher making chai tea through fresh ground spices every day. It is a flavorful collaboration. Doesn’t that sound good?
Top Broiled Peaches with Creme Fraiche
The final decadent touch of this peaches dish is a spoonful of Creme Fraiche. If you can’t find Creme Fraiche, use sour cream instead. Another option is ricotta cheese.
What else can I do with Cherry Chai Jam?
If you have some left-over Cherry Chai Jam from this broiled peaches recipe, get some bread, toast it, add some ricotta cheese, and top with the cherry spread. This will make a great appetizer for your next get-together or for brunch or breakfast.
Want to know more about stone fruits? Check out this blog post we wrote about stone fruit season.
Fresh Broiled Peaches with the delicious Cherry Chai Jam & topped with a creamy Creme Fraiche. This combination is amazing with soft and tender peaches caramelized with the Cherry Chai Jam on the broiler for 6 to 10 minutes. If you can’t find Creme Fraiche, use sour cream instead. Another option is ricotta cheese.
- 4 firm-ripe peaches, peeled, halved and pitted
- ½ cup Cherry Chai Jam Click to buy in our online shop
- 1 TableSpoon Crème fraiche
- Adjust top oven rack about 5 inches from the broiler, and turn the broiler on to pre-hear.
- Line a small shallow baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Cut the peaches in two halves and remove the pit.
- Place peaches cut side up.
- Spoon in a teaSpoon or two of the Cherry Chai Jam into the hole where the pit was
- Place the peaches in the oven, and broil for about 6-8 minutes until they are caramelized but not burnt
- Serve warm, topped with crème fraiche, if desired.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 71
- Sugar: 13.8 g
- Sodium: 1.8 mg
- Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 1.6 mg
Available here today in our online shop: