Pumpkin Honey Mustard Vinaigrette is what brings all the flavors together in this Roquefort Pear Salad. This vinaigrette is sweet, fruity, tangy, and with the warm spices of the Fall and Autumn seasons.
Blog post contains affiliate links. Read our Disclosure Policy
Hello, my friends,
This week I made a recipe for the first time – Roquefort Salad with a delicious Pumpkin Honey Mustard Vinaigrette. This salad is super delicious, light, healthy and with a very vibrant green color.
I love eating salads, but it’s difficult to decide between eating a healthy salad, or a bowl of comfort food like mashed potato or pasta:). Last week, I set a goal to eat a salad at least three times a week. However, the best way for me to be excited about it is to make them fun to make, playing with seasonal produce and fruits, adding crunchy toasted nuts, and experimenting with an unusual combination of flavors with the Vinaigrette dressing. Creating different salads is so unusual for me because I am so accustom to just use balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
Boston Bibb Lettuce
One of my favorite greens for salad is the buttery and crispy texture of Boston lettuce. Also, one of the reasons that I like Boston lettuce is that the leaves last longer in the refrigerator than other greens. Most of the other greens go bad after three days. The Boston lettuce lasts at least ten days. Now you will ask why I have lettuce in the refrigerator for such a long time… And this is my problem. I tend to forget about it, or just for being lazy, and the lettuce goes bad before I decide to eat it.
This Roquefort salad recipe has the same ingredients that you may have seen in other similar salad recipes and food sites. This time I switched the Romaine lettuce for Boston lettuce, and I added Pomegranate Arils/seeds. Also, I’m using toasted pecans instead of candied pecans.
I like the Red Anjou Pears for this recipe because they are firm and the red color of the skin gives a nice contrast along with the pomegranate seeds, to the vibrant green from the lettuce, green onion, and the avocado. Personally, I believe the strong flavor from the Roquefort cheese is what makes this salad unique and delicious.
Pumpkin Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Now, let’s talk about the dressing because the Pumpkin Honey Mustard Vinaigrette is what brings all the flavors alive. This vinaigrette is sweet, fruity, tangy, and with the warm spices from the Fall/Autumn.
For this recipe, I’m using our Pumpkin Honey Mustard which you can buy in our online store. This mustard has REAL PUMPKIN puree, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice. Our producer, Terrapin Ridge Farms, blends all those spices with honey mustard to create this fantastic condiment. This mustard is perfect for a ham and turkey sandwich, mix with cream cheese for a yummy and easy appetizer. You can also mix it with plain yogurt and drizzle over butternut, delicata or winter squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes. The best part about this mustard is that it’s fat-free and gluten free.
Other products that I use for this fabulous vinaigrette is our Pure Cottonseed Oil & Fresh Roasted Garlic Cottonseed Oil. Also, I find that the best vinegar for this vinaigrette dressing is apple cider vinegar.
We enjoyed this salad in a breathtaking setting watching the Fall sunset over Miami. I hope you get to try this fantastic salad.
Leave me your comments below. I’d love to hear from you.
Steps of Pumpkin Honey Mustard Vinaigrette on Roquefort Pear Salad
Pumpkin Honey Mustard Vinaigrette on Roquefort Pear Salad
Pumpkin Honey Mustard Vinaigrette is what brings all the flavors together in this Roquefort Pear Salad. This vinaigrette is sweet, fruity, tangy, and with the warm spices from the Fall/Autumn.
- 1 head Boston Lettuce torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 Anjou pears - peeled, cored and chopped
- 3 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 TableSpoon Roasted Garlic Cottonseed Oil Click to buy in our online shop
- 2 TableSpoons Pure Cottonseed Oil Click to buy in our online shop
- 1 1/2 teaSpoons Pumpkin Honey Mustard Click to buy in our online shop
- 3 TableSpoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaSpoon salt
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a skillet toast the pecans, until the pecan fragrance comes out. set aside.
- In a mason jar, add the Pumpkin Honey Mustard, red wine vinegar, Roasted Garlic & Pure Cottonseed Oil, salt and pepper. Shake several times until is all blended and emulsifies. Set aside
- In a serving bowl, place in layers the lettuce, pears, blue cheese, avocado, and green onion.
- Pour salad dressing over the greens. Sprinkle on some chopped pecans.