This recipe for Vegetable Egg Rolls gave me a chance to get back in touch with my Chinese roots
One style of food that I find very interesting and has a very special place in my heart is Chinese cuisine. But I feel very intimidated to cook Chinese food because it has a lot of ingredients and different steps that are involved. I tried a couple of times to cook stir-fry or chicken teriyaki but it was a failure. I thought that by nature I should know how to cook Chinese food because my grandfather was Chinese and he was an excellent cook. Also, my father was a master in creating delicious bites and meals like Lo Main, Stir-fry, Chofan (this is the Dominican version of Fried rice) and chow mein. He used to cook those dishes for every special occasion. One of the images that I still remember from those memories is when he used to invite all his friends to play Dominoes. He loved to make people happy through his food and you could see how satisfied and happy he felt during those meeting.
My father was and he is still a big influence in my cooking today. One of the most valuable memories that I have in my mind is when I used to go to visit my parents in the small town of Bani in Dominican Republic. My father was so excited for my visit and he used to make all my favorites dishes during my stay. Cooking was his way to express the love to his children. He passed away last year and he left us a empty feeling to our family. We miss him so much, but I know that he is very proud of the man that I am today.
Going back to the recipe… The vegetable egg rolls with Roasted Pineapple Habanero Sauce matches perfectly in our collection of 1-2-3 easy entertainment recipes. It has just a few ingredients, is made in less than 30 minutes, and the best part is it only has 3 ingredients and a 3 steps preparation. Your friends will love this dish. For more 1-2-3 easy recipes, please join our newsletter “Tasty Happening”.
Here are some more recipes that use the Roasted Pineapple Habanero Sauce. Give them all a try:
Vegetable Egg Rolls with Roasted Pineapple Habanero Sauce
- 1 bag of your favorite prepackaged cole slaw, shredded cabbage, or broccoli slaw
- 1 jar Roasted Pineapple Habanero Sauce Click to order from our online shop
- Wonton wrappers
- Salt & Pepper
- In a skillet, saute the vegetables with salt and pepper until they soften but are still crunchy. Let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Place a wonton sheet in a diamond style and put some of the vegetable mixture in the center. To wrap, moisten the edges of the wonton sheet then fold the right and left sides into the center. Then tuck in the bottom side and roll until sealed into the egg roll shape
- Place on a baking sheet, and bake in a pre-heated oven at 350F for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy them with some Roasted Pineapple Habanero Sauce
Courses Appetizer, Dinner