Pumpkin Hummus is the perfect appetizer for Fall holiday parties. Made of chickpeas, pumpkin puree, tahini, Greek extra virgin olive oil, garlic and cumin, parsley and other spices, you will LOVE this quick, easy and delicious recipe.
Hello, My Friends,
Today, I bring you one of my favorite “go to” recipes for an appetizer whenever I have people over – Hummus. This time I made a couple of changes to my classic hummus recipe to transform the dish into a seasonal snack, or holiday party bite during this Fall Season… Pumpkin Hummus with garlic and cumin.
I enjoy cooking with spices and Middle Eastern flavors, and one of the spices that I’m addicted to is cumin. I use cumin as seeds, and ground, in as many dishes as I can. Even though I love cumin, I don’t want to overpower the dish with such a strong flavor, so it’s good to be careful so you infuse the flavor and the fragrance into the food, but not overwhelm it.
Hummus is super easy, and you only need a few ingredients and the food processor, and in less than 5 minutes you have a healthy appetizer. Hint: It’s great just newly made, but tastes even better if you let the hummus marinate in the refrigerator for several hours. I like to make it the night before a party, and by the next day all the flavors come together nicely.
There are many ways to eat Pumpkin Hummus besides on pita bread or chips. Here are some examples:
- In a sandwich or wrap instead of mayonnaise.
- On a lamb burger
- On toast with avocado and marinated tomatoes
- Scramble some eggs and add a spoonful of hummus.
- Deviled eggs with hummus and add a spicy flavor like sriracha, Thai chili sauce or paprika
- In a pizza or quesadilla
- In a salad
- Filled vegetable roll-ups with zucchini, yellow squash, cucumber.
For this Pumpkin Hummus, I made my own pita chips. You can too! Just cut the pita bread into triangles; sprinkle on a little Greek extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and sumac. Bake for 10 minutes.
This Pumpkin Hummus recipe is:
- Quick & Easy
- Paleo friendly
- full of Fall flavors
- smoky taste
- Great Party food
Looking for more Appetizer Recipes?
- Avocado & Black Bean Crostini
- Spicy Honey Mustard Almonds
- Sausage Bites with Fig Mustard
- Époisses Ham Apple Tart
- Fig Almond & Brie Cheese Tortilla Roll Ups
If you’re looking for another awesome dip, also try the best guacamole recipe ever!
UPDATE: October 6, 2017: This recipe was just featured as the second recipe at Blooming Bite’s post called “Game On, Best Tailgate Recipes.”
I hope you get to enjoy this tasty Pumpkin Hummus.
Happy Harvest Season,
Pumpkin Hummus is the perfect appetizer for Fall holiday parties. Made of chickpeas, pumpkin puree, Greek EVOO, tahini, garlic, cumin, and parsley, you will LOVE this quick, easy and delicious recipe.
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 TableSpoon FIVE Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Click to buy in our online shop
- 1 teaSpoon of ground cumin
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3 TableSpoons tahini
- 1 TableSpoon lemon juice
- 1/4 TeaSpoon parsley, chopped
- 1/4 TeaSpoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 TeaSpoon Pure Greek Sea Salt Click to buy in our online shop
- 1/4 TeaSpoon sumac
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Add water if needed – 1 or 2 TableSpoons
- Combine chickpeas, pumpkin purée, tahini, lemon juice, parsley, cumin, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a food processor, and process until creamy and smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 5 days.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds & sumac.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: food processor
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 166
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Sodium: 305 mg
- Fat: 8.2 g
- Trans Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.7 g
- Fiber: 5.8 g
- Protein: 6.6 g
Available here today in our online shop:
Available via these Amazon links:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.