Kohlrabi Salad with Edamame, Chickpeas, Apple, and Cilantro Cottonseed Dressing Recipe
Yield 4 -6
Kohlrabi Salad with Edamame, Chickpeas, Apple, and a Cilantro Cottonseed Dressing recipe. It's a very simple, refreshing and crunchy salad accentuated by a light dressing made with Cilantro Cotton seed oil, apple vinegar, and lemon. The dressing gives this salad another dimension of freshness and unique flavors.
- 1 medium/large kohlrabi, peeled and cut julienne style
- 1 granny apple, cored, peeled and cut julienne style
- 1 15-oz can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained & washed
- 1 12-oz package frozen, shelled edamameVinaigrette -This is a simple starting point for this vinaigrette but you can add or reduce these ingredients as per your taste.
- 2 TableSpoons Fresh Cilantro cottonseed oil
- 1/2 teaSpoon lemon zest
- 3 TableSpoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 TableSpoon lemon juice. (you may need more. I added more because I like the lemony flavor.)
- 2 teaSpoons kosher salt or sea salt
- 1/2 teaSpoon black pepper
- In a microwave-safe dish, add frozen edamame and 1/3-cup water, cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes and drain.
- Meanwhile, combine julienned kohlrabi, apple, edamame, and garbanzo beans in a bowl.
- Pour the salad dressing over the mixture, and mix well. Add more salt if it needs it.
- Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.TIP:Can be made one day ahead and refrigerated to blend flavors more intensely.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9.3 g
Saturated Fat 1.7 g
Sodium 797.1 mg
Total Carbohydrates 28.4 g
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 11.8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Products and displays used in this recipe:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.
Kohlrabi Salad with Edamame, Chickpeas, Apple, and Cilantro Cottonseed Dressing
You can also check out these three other salad recipes:
- Santa Fe Salad Dressing on a Rainbow Salad
- Classic Nicoise Salad with Apple Brandy Mustard Vinaigrette
- Grilled Corn Zucchini Orzo Salad with Goat Cheese & Seared Scallop