Moroccan Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe with Date Sauce. This is my second try cooking with Acorn Squash, and I love the sweet and smooth taste from this squash.
Moroccan Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe with Date Sauce
Moroccan Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe with Date Sauce was inspired by the Blue Apron recipe site. This is my second try cooking with Acorn Squash, and I love the sweet and smooth taste from this squash. After it has been roasted with the Moroccan Date Sauce, it gives a deeper and smokey flavor. The Moroccan Date Sauce is made from dates, brown sugar & honey mingled with Moroccan spices. The Moroccan Date Sauce can be used to glaze lamb, chicken, and pork before grilling or roasting. A perfect sauce for Moroccan Chicken Pitas or use as dipping sauce. You can use this sauce as an alternative to BBQ Sauce.
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 2 TableSpoons Moroccan Date Sauce
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 cups water for bulgur
- 1/2 Red Pepper
- 1 Stalk of Celery
- 1 Leek
- 1 Parsnip
- 1/4 cup fresh Mint
- 1/2 cup fresh Parsley
- 2 TableSpoon Sliced Almond
- 2 teaSpoon Ras El Hanout
- 2 TableSpoon Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Wash & dry the Acorn Squash. Cut it in a half lengthwise.
- Place the Acorn Squash on a sheet pan with the opening side up.
- Sprinkle with Salt & Pepper. Then brush on the Moroccan Date Sauce until creating a thick layer.
- Bake/Roast for 30 minutes, or until tender when pierced with the fork.
- Bring to boil 2 cups of water in a saucepan with 1/2 teaSpoon of salt. Then add the Bulgur.
- Reduce to simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- In a frying pan heat 2 TableSpoon Olive Oil on medium-high until hot.
- Add the celery, parsnip, leeks & the 2 teaSpoon of Ras El Hanout. Cook, stirring for 4 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and 1 TableSpoon of Moroccan Date Sauce.
- Cook until the vegetables are completely cooked. Add the parsley and mint and cook for 1 minute.
- Combine 1-1/2 cups of cooked Bulgur and the vegetables.
- Add the Bulgur-Vegetable mixture to each side of the Acorn Squash.
- Garnish with crumble Feta Cheese, sliced almond and parsley.
Cuisine Moroccan, Paleo, Vegetarian
Products and displays used in this recipe:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.